image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 604 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 5 years ago

MM 2 backboard is decaled and rebuilt now ready to install along with the final remaining parts. A5A7926B-3D63-4855-B514-A765028B1A5D (resized).jpegA5A7926B-3D63-4855-B514-A765028B1A5D (resized).jpeg
When attaching the parts I am going to use black hardware where I can
I bought these they had some potential but I needed them to look more like black nickel568EA57A-4ED2-4F80-962F-B43A42631E54 (resized).jpeg568EA57A-4ED2-4F80-962F-B43A42631E54 (resized).jpeg

That was easily done by tumbling them with some metal polish added to the media.
5DC75B19-ECBA-44F7-91CF-81E5C333ABBC (resized).jpeg5DC75B19-ECBA-44F7-91CF-81E5C333ABBC (resized).jpeg

Better side by sides

00D22A96-6191-4995-81CA-E2EECF3E0542 (resized).jpeg00D22A96-6191-4995-81CA-E2EECF3E0542 (resized).jpeg461BF56D-9F0A-49AC-A2CD-A9B6B844E738 (resized).jpeg461BF56D-9F0A-49AC-A2CD-A9B6B844E738 (resized).jpeg
#552 5 years ago

Backboard and peasant ramp are in place.
About another hour or two until complete.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#553 5 years ago

I know you are rebuilding these for their owners. I'm curious to see your estimate of what price they might command on the national market.

I know you can buy an MMr for ~$8,400 or so. Thanks

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I know you are rebuilding these for their owners. I'm curious to see your estimate of what price they might command on the national market.

I really don’t know anymore.
I just do the work and charge for that.
There have been times where I have done $8000 restorations to $500 games so it is just not something I try to keep up with.

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I used these.
[quoted image]

Those Comet LED pads work great. I used them in my Stern POTC and they really light up the pops much better than one LED bulb. As a note, I tried one of these pads in my Black Knight and they were slightly too big for that pop assembly, modification required.

Nice choice on the Amber to match the posts.

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

First of all a remake is not the same as an original. It might be the same for us to play with but not the same for all collectors.
Secondly somebody might also have sentimental value to their own pin and want it be in the best state possible. That alone might be priceless.

I don't think anybody will let HEP restore a pin and sell it soon. I don't think that's ever a wise decision from an economical standpoint. I also think this is the reason you son't see a HEP restored pin for sale anytime soon.

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Secondly somebody might also have sentimental value to their own pin and want it be in the best state possible. That alone might be priceless.
I don't think anybody will let HEP restore a pin and sell it soon. I don't think that's ever a wise decision from an economical standpoint. I also think this is the reason you son't see a HEP restored pin for sale anytime soon.

I agree if you want something but can't buy it then it is priceless. I have thought that the extra $ might just be for the "Williams" name on the box.

I'd guess you might get $12K for one of these if it came up for sale, maybe 14. The $20K machines are reserved for the risky modern ones like BBB or Big Lebowski.

#558 5 years ago

MM 2 playfield Build is complete.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#559 5 years ago

-

#560 5 years ago

Amazing!

#561 5 years ago

I cannot wait to see the em game Chris works ons!

#562 5 years ago

MM 2 done

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#563 5 years ago

More MM 2

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#564 5 years ago

Playfield. MM 2

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#565 5 years ago

Rear playfield MM 2 apron etc

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#566 5 years ago

Inside MM 2

#567 5 years ago

-

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Black fits great. The side also. Almost art here ...

Thanks.I forgot to detail that wireforms are actually black nickel.
So a little nicer look there than straight black.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#569 5 years ago

-

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Black nickel, first time i see that in a pin. The fit and finish looks better than new from factory and remake (in my opinion)

Thanks.
I got the black nickel wireforms from Chris at Hot Rod Arcade.

#571 5 years ago

A fun journey, followed it all the way through. Thanks.

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

A fun journey, followed it all the way through. Thanks.

Thank you. I enjoyed it as well. 2 MMs in less than 30 days wasn’t an easy task but a fun one.

#573 5 years ago

Awesome (as always) from start to end, enjoyed every bit of it and learned a lot.

#574 5 years ago

Have you ever done a Congo? I want to get mine done so bad but or Canadian dollar is worthless.

#575 5 years ago

Thanks.I forgot to detail that wireforms are actually black nickel.
So a little nicer look there than straight black.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had my CftBL wireforms done in black nickel a few years back by pinchroma. definitely looks nicer than chrome in my opinion

#576 5 years ago

Going to circle back around and finish up the Pinball Magic thread.
Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

#577 5 years ago

Dr Who please.

#578 5 years ago

Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

ummm.. what are these system 80s you were talking about? would love to see some older stuff (oh yeah the em too)

#579 5 years ago

Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

I’m thinking TOTAN.

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

ummm.. what are these system 80s you were talking about? would love to see some older stuff (oh yeah the em too)

Spirits but I am doing three back to back so that might be a while Have new cabs built

IMG_7181 (resized).JPGIMG_7181 (resized).JPG
#581 5 years ago

The owner of that game doesn't want to see pictures He wants to be surprised so it would be tough to document that one here

#582 5 years ago

Very nice, the subtile details really make this pin unique.

#583 5 years ago

The owner of that game doesn't want to see pictures He wants to be surprised so it would be tough to document that one here

That guy sounds like he’s really confused.

#584 5 years ago

Beautiful work as always Chris! Thanks for taking the time to document and share the restore with us. I like the pop bumper choices, and the black trim and habitrails look really nice. I always learn something from seeing these restore threads, so thanks!

Hope the EM coming up is Joker Poker!

So what beer did you celebrate the completion of the MM restores with?

Todd

#585 5 years ago

Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

Radical!!

#586 5 years ago

x2!

#587 5 years ago

Awesome and entertaining as all your restoration threads...Chris you're the best amongst us all!

Why not do a EATPM soon?

#588 5 years ago

Radical please!

while you are at it, restore a 2nd pf for me

#589 5 years ago

I want to see you tackle an EM pin.

#591 5 years ago

Good tip here, a link to Chris's website.

If you have some time to kill check out his picture albums. http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/Finished-Games?page=1

The bar is raised so high by his work that seeing as many of his machines as I can is now on my bucket list.

#592 5 years ago

Radical!! Would be great!

#593 5 years ago

I cant wait to start my TOM restore after following a few HEP threads...thanks for taking the time to not only document but to show procedure and also to answer questions.

#594 5 years ago

I think these restore topics of Chris are brilliant.

By showing his work, he provides interesting reading and helps others who want to restore their games. I expect he also gets more customers.

Everybody wins.

#595 5 years ago

Didn't think I was going to like the black flipper buttons on MM2, but once I saw the whole package outside with black armor, wow. Such a clean look with that dark cabinet art.

#596 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think these restore topics of Chris are brilliant.

They are Epic!!!

By showing his work, he provides interesting reading and helps others who want to restore their games. I expect he also gets more customers.
Everybody wins.

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Didn't think I was going to like the black flipper buttons on MM2, but once I saw the whole package outside with black armor, wow. Such a clean look with that dark cabinet art.

By far the best match ,compared to the factory stainless original.

#598 5 years ago

Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

I'd suggest doing a Whirlwind for everyone to see

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I'd suggest doing a Whirlwind for everyone to see

I actually have an idea brewing for a Whirlwind thread since I have two here to do.
Both are DP one is supposed to be Whirlwind #1 so once I get the pieces in place for them I will likely do that.

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from JDinNOVA:

Radical!! Would be great!

Leaning pretty hard towards that one once I close out the Pinball Magic.

Spent the morning packing MM 2

Going to reorganize and get back to it.
Even if I am working on 5 games at a time I truly only focus on one at a time when it finally comes time for reassembly. Everything leading up to that feels like baby steps.

096E16E2-E2B1-41F8-84A0-332FE049489E (resized).jpeg096E16E2-E2B1-41F8-84A0-332FE049489E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 604 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-presents-a-tale-of-two-medieval-madnesses/page/12?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.