Topic Stats

• 604 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mschonbrun
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,318 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

096E16E2-E2B1-41F8-84A0-332FE049489E (resized).jpeg
IMG_7181 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 604 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 1 year ago

MM 2 backboard is decaled and rebuilt now ready to install along with the final remaining parts. A5A7926B-3D63-4855-B514-A765028B1A5D (resized).jpeg
When attaching the parts I am going to use black hardware where I can
I bought these they had some potential but I needed them to look more like black nickel568EA57A-4ED2-4F80-962F-B43A42631E54 (resized).jpeg

That was easily done by tumbling them with some metal polish added to the media.
5DC75B19-ECBA-44F7-91CF-81E5C333ABBC (resized).jpeg

Better side by sides

00D22A96-6191-4995-81CA-E2EECF3E0542 (resized).jpeg461BF56D-9F0A-49AC-A2CD-A9B6B844E738 (resized).jpeg
#552 1 year ago

Backboard and peasant ramp are in place.
About another hour or two until complete.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#553 1 year ago

I know you are rebuilding these for their owners. I'm curious to see your estimate of what price they might command on the national market.

I know you can buy an MMr for ~$8,400 or so. Thanks

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I know you are rebuilding these for their owners. I'm curious to see your estimate of what price they might command on the national market.

I really don’t know anymore.
I just do the work and charge for that.
There have been times where I have done $8000 restorations to $500 games so it is just not something I try to keep up with.

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I used these.
[quoted image]

Those Comet LED pads work great. I used them in my Stern POTC and they really light up the pops much better than one LED bulb. As a note, I tried one of these pads in my Black Knight and they were slightly too big for that pop assembly, modification required.

Nice choice on the Amber to match the posts.

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

First of all a remake is not the same as an original. It might be the same for us to play with but not the same for all collectors.
Secondly somebody might also have sentimental value to their own pin and want it be in the best state possible. That alone might be priceless.

I don't think anybody will let HEP restore a pin and sell it soon. I don't think that's ever a wise decision from an economical standpoint. I also think this is the reason you son't see a HEP restored pin for sale anytime soon.

#557 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

Secondly somebody might also have sentimental value to their own pin and want it be in the best state possible. That alone might be priceless.
I don't think anybody will let HEP restore a pin and sell it soon. I don't think that's ever a wise decision from an economical standpoint. I also think this is the reason you son't see a HEP restored pin for sale anytime soon.

I agree if you want something but can't buy it then it is priceless. I have thought that the extra $ might just be for the "Williams" name on the box.

I'd guess you might get $12K for one of these if it came up for sale, maybe 14. The $20K machines are reserved for the risky modern ones like BBB or Big Lebowski.

#558 1 year ago

MM 2 playfield Build is complete.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#559 1 year ago

-

#560 1 year ago

Amazing!

#561 1 year ago

I cannot wait to see the em game Chris works ons!

#562 1 year ago

MM 2 done

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#563 1 year ago

More MM 2

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#564 1 year ago

Playfield. MM 2

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#565 1 year ago

Rear playfield MM 2 apron etc

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#566 1 year ago

Inside MM 2

#567 1 year ago

-

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Black fits great. The side also. Almost art here ...

Thanks.I forgot to detail that wireforms are actually black nickel.
So a little nicer look there than straight black.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#569 1 year ago

-

#570 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Black nickel, first time i see that in a pin. The fit and finish looks better than new from factory and remake (in my opinion)

Thanks.
I got the black nickel wireforms from Chris at Hot Rod Arcade.

#571 1 year ago

A fun journey, followed it all the way through. Thanks.

#572 1 year ago
Quoted from hawknole:

A fun journey, followed it all the way through. Thanks.

Thank you. I enjoyed it as well. 2 MMs in less than 30 days wasn’t an easy task but a fun one.

#573 1 year ago

Awesome (as always) from start to end, enjoyed every bit of it and learned a lot.

#574 1 year ago

Have you ever done a Congo? I want to get mine done so bad but or Canadian dollar is worthless.

#575 1 year ago

Thanks.I forgot to detail that wireforms are actually black nickel.
So a little nicer look there than straight black.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had my CftBL wireforms done in black nickel a few years back by pinchroma. definitely looks nicer than chrome in my opinion

#576 1 year ago

Going to circle back around and finish up the Pinball Magic thread.
Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

#577 1 year ago

Dr Who please.

#578 1 year ago

Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

ummm.. what are these system 80s you were talking about? would love to see some older stuff (oh yeah the em too)

#579 1 year ago

Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

I’m thinking TOTAN.

#580 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

ummm.. what are these system 80s you were talking about? would love to see some older stuff (oh yeah the em too)

Spirits but I am doing three back to back so that might be a while Have new cabs built

IMG_7181 (resized).JPG
#581 1 year ago

The owner of that game doesn't want to see pictures He wants to be surprised so it would be tough to document that one here

#582 1 year ago

Very nice, the subtile details really make this pin unique.

#583 1 year ago

The owner of that game doesn't want to see pictures He wants to be surprised so it would be tough to document that one here

That guy sounds like he’s really confused.

#584 1 year ago

Beautiful work as always Chris! Thanks for taking the time to document and share the restore with us. I like the pop bumper choices, and the black trim and habitrails look really nice. I always learn something from seeing these restore threads, so thanks!

Hope the EM coming up is Joker Poker!

So what beer did you celebrate the completion of the MM restores with?

Todd

#585 1 year ago

Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

Radical!!

#587 1 year ago

Awesome and entertaining as all your restoration threads...Chris you're the best amongst us all!

Why not do a EATPM soon?

#588 1 year ago

Radical please!

while you are at it, restore a 2nd pf for me

#589 1 year ago

I want to see you tackle an EM pin.

#591 1 year ago

Good tip here, a link to Chris's website.

If you have some time to kill check out his picture albums. http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/Finished-Games?page=1

The bar is raised so high by his work that seeing as many of his machines as I can is now on my bucket list.

#592 1 year ago

Radical!! Would be great!

#593 1 year ago

I cant wait to start my TOM restore after following a few HEP threads...thanks for taking the time to not only document but to show procedure and also to answer questions.

#594 1 year ago

I think these restore topics of Chris are brilliant.

By showing his work, he provides interesting reading and helps others who want to restore their games. I expect he also gets more customers.

Everybody wins.

#595 1 year ago

Didn't think I was going to like the black flipper buttons on MM2, but once I saw the whole package outside with black armor, wow. Such a clean look with that dark cabinet art.

#596 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think these restore topics of Chris are brilliant.

They are Epic!!!

By showing his work, he provides interesting reading and helps others who want to restore their games. I expect he also gets more customers.
Everybody wins.

#597 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Didn't think I was going to like the black flipper buttons on MM2, but once I saw the whole package outside with black armor, wow. Such a clean look with that dark cabinet art.

By far the best match ,compared to the factory stainless original.

#598 1 year ago

Then what’s next
Radical or Dr Who?

I'd suggest doing a Whirlwind for everyone to see

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from kapper:

I'd suggest doing a Whirlwind for everyone to see

I actually have an idea brewing for a Whirlwind thread since I have two here to do.
Both are DP one is supposed to be Whirlwind #1 so once I get the pieces in place for them I will likely do that.

#600 1 year ago

Leaning pretty hard towards that one once I close out the Pinball Magic.

Spent the morning packing MM 2

Going to reorganize and get back to it.
Even if I am working on 5 games at a time I truly only focus on one at a time when it finally comes time for reassembly. Everything leading up to that feels like baby steps.

096E16E2-E2B1-41F8-84A0-332FE049489E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 16.00
There are 604 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside