image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

LEDOCD board is placed along with the backbox lamp panel.

I feel like the LEDOCD takes a bit to get right on PM, and a few colors I stuck with incandescent as it never looked right with LEDs...the MAGIC inserts the most.

#202 5 years ago

Is there a ColorDMD option for this game?

#203 5 years ago

Is there a ColorDMD option for this game?

No.

#204 5 years ago

What about this?
No colorization but allows the install it seems.

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/capcom-games/

#205 5 years ago

What about this?

Do that. transprtr4u has done it on multiple Capcom games including PM, iirc. I'll ask him to jump in.

#206 5 years ago

What about this?

From what I've seen, and I may be wrong, I haven't seen a PM colorized. BBB i have seen, but I think using a Color DMD in PM just to change the color? Don't see it as much of a benefit if that's the most you can do.
EDIT: Although I guess you could DOTXL it which might make it look better....400 better? Personal pref.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

From what I've seen, and I may be wrong, I haven't seen a PM colorized. BBB i have seen, but I think using a Color DMD in PM just to change the color? Don't see it as much of a benefit if that's the most you can do.
EDIT: Although I guess you could DOTXL it which might make it look better....400 better? Personal pref.

Yes I was just thinking a single color would be an upgrade until they get to the Capcom games plus it puts at least the hardware in place for the owner.

#208 5 years ago

Amazing work as usual..

#209 5 years ago

LEDOCD board is placed along with the backbox lamp panel.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Trim is checked in the sun.

I think the trim will look awesome on this pin.

#210 5 years ago

For my friend's Big Bang Bar I built a Y-shaped harness to pull the necessary 5v and 12v to run a color DMD in single color mode. Pretty quick & easy even for a dummy like me. BBB looks great in teal with smoothing turned on.

#211 5 years ago

*does some quick math on how many machines can be HEP restored within his typical life span*
*starts googling organ replacement and longevity blood transfer treatments*
OK, here me out but I have a kickstarter idea...

#212 5 years ago

Trim is placed.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#213 5 years ago

I didn’t want to have these plated because they use bushings and c clips and if the plating gets too thick it can ruin them.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

I do want to get the tarnish off there image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

The solution will be scotchbrite and metal polish image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

It is an improvement

2 weeks later
#214 5 years ago

Pinball magic cabinet is wired.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#215 5 years ago

Playfield rebuild begins.

#216 5 years ago

Pinball magic cabinet is wired.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, now I've seen it all...

DUST IN THE HEP SHOP??

#217 5 years ago

I didn’t want to have these plated because they use bushings and c clips and if the plating gets too thick it can ruin them.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I do want to get the tarnish off there [quoted image]
The solution will be scotchbrite and metal polish [quoted image]
It is an improvement

Does your player do iridium plating/coating?
It's an industrial standard.
It's not cosmetic by any means

Its yellowish but thin and extremely corrosion resistant.

Maybe ask him, it may come up in the future.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ok, now I've seen it all...
DUST IN THE HEP SHOP??

We will work on that this week

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Does your player do iridium plating/coating?
It's an industrial standard.
It's not cosmetic by any means
Its yellowish but thin and extremely corrosion resistant.
Maybe ask him, it may come up in the future.

I don’t think they do but I might ask. It would be a nice option on some parts.
Plating has gotten really tough the last few years with the various regulations though.

#220 5 years ago

Playfield is building up topside. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#221 5 years ago

Building the underside.

Converting to Williams mechs due to the limited availability of Capcom Flipper parts.
The right required a little modification to the plate

#222 5 years ago

Wiring is taking shape.

#223 5 years ago

Converting to Williams mechs due to the limited availability of Capcom Flipper parts.
The right required a little modification to the plate

I wondered how this was going to go. Did you have to use any other substitute parts for the slings, drops, or bumpers? I had trouble with the sling mounting brackets bending to the point of breaking at the elbows on my Breakshot.

#224 5 years ago

Boooo

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

I wondered how this was going to go. Did you have to use any other substitute parts for the slings, drops, or bumpers? I had trouble with the sling mounting brackets bending to the point of breaking at the elbows on my Breakshot.

Everything else is in good shape and useable.
The flippers were also close to ok but I was more concerned with the lack of ability to both properly rebuild them here and now as well as in the future for the owner that I did the conversion.
I will send the entire mechs back with the game though just in case things change later down the road.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Understood but had to ask. For the record not everyone restores pins for the same reason. I have seen HEP games turn over in the past and just thought I would ask. Somewhat drawn to this title as one I have never owned. Tough game to find in amazing condition.

Totally agree. I prefer this game to Theater of Magic. It has the best skill shot to get it in the hat!

#227 5 years ago

Playfield is back in the cabinet.
I chip away at this project in the background of others because it will leave with another game I am doing for the owner so the sense of urgency is a little lower for him.
The LEDOCD is in place also.

#228 5 years ago

Pinball magic ColorDMD mod was not too bad with Kim’s Kit.
The speaker panel is a bit of a monster to teardown since I needed to polish the plastic. 8AEBB6AD-D4A7-484C-A6FB-8B3B95692047 (resized).jpeg8AEBB6AD-D4A7-484C-A6FB-8B3B95692047 (resized).jpeg
96820F7B-8B75-46EE-90F8-E122BCAC4884 (resized).jpeg96820F7B-8B75-46EE-90F8-E122BCAC4884 (resized).jpeg

2D0904CA-4A92-4E79-B75A-5BBDCC606122 (resized).jpeg2D0904CA-4A92-4E79-B75A-5BBDCC606122 (resized).jpeg

I want to be able to easily access the menu buttons so a modification is needed to the metal dmd cover.
6F1B0470-B67A-4EBB-82E4-130B58FFE81F (resized).jpeg6F1B0470-B67A-4EBB-82E4-130B58FFE81F (resized).jpeg

I just cut a single notch and bend it in so it could be mostly reversed in the future and won’t have sharp edges.
92DE1E40-6981-499E-9F21-FBF6E38D6DE9 (resized).jpeg92DE1E40-6981-499E-9F21-FBF6E38D6DE9 (resized).jpeg

Now I can easily make adjustments to the ColorDMD.
D8E52856-844C-4516-9828-A519EB152265 (resized).jpegD8E52856-844C-4516-9828-A519EB152265 (resized).jpeg

#229 5 years ago

Pinball magic lives with LEDs and a ColorDMD.

74890A7F-CC17-429A-A591-49DBFB0A0A17 (resized).jpeg74890A7F-CC17-429A-A591-49DBFB0A0A17 (resized).jpeg88A15751-0404-4E4F-9400-ACD81F2339AF (resized).jpeg88A15751-0404-4E4F-9400-ACD81F2339AF (resized).jpeg
#230 5 years ago

Going with blue for now.

#231 5 years ago

Adjustment of the color was easy by cutting the notch I can reach in and do it without even lowering the dmd panel.

1 week later
#232 5 years ago

Almost done.

#233 5 years ago

It appears Williams mechs are in every game now.

#234 5 years ago

How do you feel aboot the LEDOCD? I felt like there was a lot of tweaking to do with it, but hey that's why they have the option to change each lamp.

Quoted from chad:

It appears Williams mechs are in every game now.

Not mine!

#235 5 years ago

Few details left and I can close the books on this one.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#236 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How do you feel aboot the LEDOCD? I felt like there was a lot of tweaking to do with it, but hey that's why they have the option to change each lamp.

Not mine!

Capcom seems to have put a lot into how they controlled the lamps so it seems to have a few more anomalies than a Williams game for example in terms of the LEDOCD.
Overall I am happy with it but it does seem like you have to force and compromise a few things on these Capcom games if you want to do some of the more basic mods like LEDs or ColorDMD’s.
Even rebuilding the flippers

#237 5 years ago

Just amazing! Not surprising, but so amazing to see you work. I wish I could have afforded to send mine to you

Do you have any more info on the Williams flipper mech swap?

Chris

#238 5 years ago

Finished Cabinet

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#239 5 years ago

Few more cabinet.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#240 5 years ago

Playfield.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#241 5 years ago

More playfield.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#242 5 years ago

Inside.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#243 5 years ago

Inside head

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#244 5 years ago

No more loose wiring. Packing it up

#245 5 years ago

Very nice! I wish my PM looked that good.

#246 5 years ago

What a beauty!

#248 5 years ago

I usually hate custom shooter knobs, but damn it, that one's great. Matches the start button, modest size, looks nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,100 (OBO)
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-pinball-magic-2018/page/5?hl=whitenoise3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.