Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by exflexer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1282786204310.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

The gallery of finished games is up again.
    Things that typically get it taken down(publicly)are the following.
    Stealing the pics or posting them without proper credit.
    Copying the styles,mods,techniques etc and presenting them as your own or without acknowledgement.
    Using links to other peoples HEP games on there to sell ones own HEP game(typically older and much more traveled/misrepresenting)

I want to keep as much of the gallery public as I can but what it represents for me is quite personal so hopefully people will not only respect the gallery itself but all the various efforts it took to create the games and ideas presented there as well as the business that is built around it.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/albums.php

Christopher Hutchins

#2 11 years ago

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing!

#3 11 years ago

Thanks, Chris! I'm really glad you decided to put the pictures back up. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, they are a resource that many in the pinball community greatly benefit from. I just hope people can be more respectful in the future and not abuse the privilege.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks Chris. I love looking at your portfolio of work. Remember, when people copy stuff it's the highest form of flattery. Plus, I think showing off your craftsmanship is good for generating future HEP business.

Thanks in advance for whatever cool idea(s) I pickup while surfing your website.

1 week later
    #5 11 years ago

Amazing work - very inspiring. Thanks for posting the pics!

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing,all very nice and tastefully done.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for bringing the photos back.

#8 11 years ago

#9 11 years ago

Ridiculously amazing stuff.

1282786204310.jpg1282786204310.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Yes, thanks for sharing.. probably my fault I spent most of AM yesterday drooling over your
    work.. those black mirrors/ball guides were wicked looking and black nickel sidebars on AFM!

#11 11 years ago

That's very cool of you Chris.
    As someone who gets a lot of pleasure from restoring my own pins, having this as a resource of "how to do it right" is invaluable.
    Thanks!

#12 11 years ago

These galleries are amazing!

I'm a little confused by one of Chris' statements in his original post. Could someone (or Chris) give an example of "Copying the styles,mods,techniques etc and presenting them as your own or without acknowledgement."

If someone restores a game, what would be a "style" or "technique" that we wouldn't be able to use without acknowledgement?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

If someone restores a game, what would be a "style" or "technique" that we wouldn't be able to use without acknowledgement?

I think it's fair to say that Chris has come up with some unique wasy of doing things, or that he has customized machines in ways that others have not. Black AFM is a great recent example.
    I can see how the man would get his back up from others attempting to create similar modified restorations without giving any credit... especially if they're doing it for profit.

#14 11 years ago

Excellent news, thanks Chris!

#15 11 years ago

There are restorers out there that copy his hard work or outright steal but those that know know Chris is on another level. I have seen so called "restorations" go to Chris for a restoration after the restoration... eye opener. I am proud to have a few in my collection.

#16 11 years ago

The only secret of his I want to know is how to get the inside of the cabs that clean. Hell.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

There are restorers out there that copy his hard work or outright steal but those that know know Chris is on another level. I have seen so called "restorations" go to Chris for a restoration after the restoration... eye opener. I am proud to have a few in my collection.

Correct, most restored games are far from restored ! When I see other so called restorations,I lose my mind seeing what others are proud of. There are only a few that can emulate a HEP restore !

Jim

#18 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure Chris stole all my ideas and didn't give me credit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-photo-gallery?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.