Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Imeh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MMtopper.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I always drool at how amazing HEP machines are. With them being so clean inside and out, it almost makes you not want to play it. Just stare at it! I noticed when HEP's go up for sale the seller usually has very little times on the machine. For you owners out there, how often do you play? What's your maintenance ritual like?

#2 8 years ago

I played the shit out of mine while I had it. No use letting it gather dust.

#3 8 years ago

Oh, and share photos!

#4 8 years ago

Nobody takes better photos than Chris himself.
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album459

#5 8 years ago

The only personal touch I added to my HEP MM was a topper.

MMtopper.jpgMMtopper.jpg

#6 8 years ago

I have two one or the other gets played almost every day they were built to be played not looked at with the amazing clearcoat they have I really don't think I can wear the playfield out. I never thought I would ever own a HEP so now that I have two of these amazing games I will ride them hard and enjoy playing a couple of the best games on the planet.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from klinde1:

I have two one or the other gets played almost every day they were built to be played not looked at with the amazing clearcoat they have I really don't think I can wear the playfield out. I never thought I would ever own a HEP so now that I have two of these amazing games I will ride them hard and enjoy playing a couple of the best games on the planet.

Envious. Nice!

#8 8 years ago

I just got my first HEP and it's a Williams IJ. I freaking love the machine and have probably put 40 games on it in 5 or so days. The reason I like getting HEP games is because if you are a stickler like I am in caring for your machines a HEP should last you a very long time. This obviously includes waxing the game every 300-500 plays at a bare minimum and also waxing the balls.

By the way, it's no secret why the game plays are typically low on a HEP machine. Usually, it's the same type of people who own HEPs and there aren't a ton of them out there. Obviously, to be able to own even 4-5 HEP machines we are talking a new Mercedes E Class. So, those guys own more than one HEP and last time I checked everybody still has only two hands to flip with.

Odin, digging your overall collection man. Would love to hear all the bells and whistles with every game turned on

#9 8 years ago

Its a one-two combination punch owning HEP games. You get to play the shit out of 'em and then watch your friends drool when you share them.

I don't put velvet ropes around my games. They're meant to be played and enjoyed. And for me, they are most enjoyable when they look good and play great.

#10 8 years ago

My HEP AFM gets played and cleaned just like any other pin in my collection. When I host tournaments, get's played just like any other pin.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Odin, digging your overall collection man. Would love to hear all the bells and whistles with every game turned on

Thanks man! With every game on we have been known to trip the breaker now and then. But out in the garage where the vintage games are is where we spend most of our time now. And yes all those bells ringing in harmony is music to my ears.

#12 8 years ago

I have an AFM and a TZ done by Chris last year and we play the crap out of them! Keep the playfield and balls waxed and they still look like they just left the shop. He has my TAFG now, can't wait to get it back! Chris doesn't do them just to be show pieces, he makes them to be superior playing examples!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-ownershow-often-do-you-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.