View topic image gallery

DSCN2321.jpg
CaptainHyperbole.jpg
conan.gif
hep.png
armadllo-1.jpg
whoomp.jpg
th-6.jpeg
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

OK, so I think we established it was not done by High End Pins.
I may have missed it in the description, but did it say WHEN the resto was done? Sure, the PF is clear coated, but the star posts look dried out and have wax in them.

Chris

Yeah Chris the seller advised that HEP (Chris) had not restored the machine. The "High End Restoration" was done by the seller! His original title mentioned "HEP Restored Joust" and that was it. There was no mentioning in the long description as to what was and wasn't restored.

#102 9 years ago

All I know is that I want it!

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

All I know is that I want it!

LOL. That is how I feel as well. Bad timing for me.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

How much for the baby?

DSCN2321.jpg 77 KB

LOL.
I forgot to delete those pics.....
She takes up a lot of time, but not a lot of space though.
I think I'll keep her....

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

How much for the baby?

Yeah is posting someones childs picture to try and pic on another pinsider realy appropriate? unless thats a picture of how mature youre being.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, serious question, what do you guys think the value of this machine is? It is a nice example of a Joust, a rare machine that is popular at parties and gaming shows.

Well this is the point realy its one of the nicer ones Ive seen its still a pretty decent example and the price seems about right.
The guy admitted he made a mistake and explained it was NOT a HEP pin and people still have to keep riding the guy.
It might not be a HEP but you can tell there has been work done to it.

I remember when nice pins were discribed as being in high end pin condition. If this is such a problem baybe HEP should change its name to Chris Hutchins pins or something.
People have posted High end restoration pins and all they do is get critisized and have their machine picked apart becouse of terminology. This forum is beginning to sounds like its full of a bunch of Nancies. Why dont people go back to talking about pinball ideas and projects instead of using subjects like this to have some to abuse, its rather pathetic.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

This forum is beginning to sounds like its full of a bunch of Nancies.

Pot meet Kettle.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

The guy admitted he made a mistake and explained it was NOT a HEP pin and people still have to keep riding the guy.

I was not aware that everyone's word was gospel here on pinside. The man said he made a mistake and other pinsiders pointed out in previous posts on other forums that the OP knew who HEP was and knew what the abreviation stood for. If we are not allow to do some research to seek the truth of a statement, I have an oil field to sell you here in SD.. dirt cheap. I promise it is real.. don't do any reseach on my statement though.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I was not aware that everyone's word was gospel here on pinside. The man said he made a mistake and other pinsiders pointed out in previous posts on other forums that the OP knew who HEP was and knew what the abreviation stood for. If we are not allow to do some research to seek the truth of a statement, I have an oil field to sell you here in SD.. dirt cheap. I promise it is real.. don't do any reseach on my statement though.

Having trouble with the thumbs up/thumbs down today, so +1. He got caught, plain and simple.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Having trouble with the thumbs up/thumbs down today, so +1. He got caught, plain and simple.

yeah, me too. thought maybe this thread was closed/locked. but looks like i can post.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

No, not plain and simple.
I did'nt have the slightest memory of that post 3 years ago, and even if I would've remembered, HEP has always been High End Professional in my mind, with Chris Hutchkins or any other pinball high end restorer.
When I would see HEP pins for sale on Mr.Pinball, all these years, I thought the pins were restored by "a" HEP restorer.
Now that's plain and simple.....
I never had the intention to mislead anyone....

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

I did'nt have the slightest memory of that post 3 years ago, and even if I would've remembered, HEP has always been High End Professional in my mind, with Chris Hutchkins or any other pinball high end restorer.
When I would see HEP pins for sale on Mr.Pinball, all these years, I thought the pins were restored by "a" HEP restorer.

I think you have the responsibility to validate the meaning of any acronym that you use. You should never assume that the letters "HEP" mean something on Mr. Pinball, so it is okay for you to use "HEP" on eBay.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

Interesting, but I have a couple questions for you if that is the case:

1) If you didn't know what HEP really meant, what was the point of using it in your auction listing and expecting anyone looking at the auction to know that you meant "High End Professional"?

2) If HEP means High End Professional, what makes you a professional in this regard?

3) If you don't have the time to read forums because you have many children and family is more important, what time do you have to become said professional?

Just curious !

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

1) If you didn't know what HEP really meant, what was the point of using it in your auction listing and expecting anyone looking at the auction to know that you meant "High End Professional"?
2) If HEP means High End Professional, what makes you a professional in this regard?
3) If you don't have the time to read forums because you have many children and family is more important, what time do you have to become said professional?
Just curious !

#115 9 years ago

Just curious !

Answer for question number 1: I thought that others knew what HEP meant, "High End Proffessional"....
Answer number 2: Please tell me, what is precisely the number of years it takes to become a professional?
I'm a professional in my business but I seriously don't know when precisely in the past 25 years I became a professional.
Hey, I know a few guys (from other forums) that don't do pinball restoration as a business and I consider them as professionals, they are much closer to you that me, I'm sure you know who I'm thinking of......
If you've been into pinball for many years, what makes you think that you're not a professional Movingpictures?
Answer number3: When I restore a game, I take the time it takes, even if it takes months because I'm busy with other important necessary things, but I hate restoring a game because of that, it takes up every spare minute that I have (fun times with my kids and wife) and sometimes for months.

#116 9 years ago

Ok thanks for answering Claude.

Quoted from ALJO:

If you've been into pinball for many years, what makes you think that you're not a professional Movingpictures?

I am a hobbyist.
The very definition of a professional confirms that:

(of a person) engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime.
"a professional boxer"
synonyms: paid, salaried
"a professional rugby player"

Sounds like you are a hobbyist as well.
The term professional is reserved for someone like Christopher Hutchins of HEP.

#117 9 years ago

never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

#118 9 years ago

Ok thanks for answering Claude.

I am a hobbyist.
The very definition of a professional confirms that:
(of a person) engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime.
"a professional boxer"
synonyms: paid, salaried
"a professional rugby player"
Sounds like you are a hobbyist as well.
The term professional is reserved for someone like Christopher Hutchins of HEP.

I think that "ballypinwiz" has a good point,
Quote:I think you have the responsibility to validate the meaning of any acronym that you use. You should never assume that the letters "HEP" mean something on Mr. Pinball, so it is okay for you to use "HEP" on eBay.
My bad, I should of checked first.
You are right as well, I should of checked what exactly professional meant.
My bad again.
Anyway, the Ebay listing has now know allusion to professional restoring anymore.

#119 9 years ago

T.L.A.

#120 9 years ago

Game is sold.....
I made a great deal to the buyer......my son.....

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

How much for the baby?

You sold a pinball machine to a BABY?

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

That's fine.Any explanation why the rest of English and comprehension are so good in the auction though?

He didn't go to a school in the US?

#123 9 years ago

Is it lost on anyone....that a "professional" restorer would not have heard of Chris Hutchins. Damn, I've only been in the hobby for a year....and I know who HEP is!

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Is it lost on anyone....that a "professional" restorer would not have heard of Chris Hutchins. Damn, I've only been in the hobby for a year....and I know who HEP is!

Holy sh** let it rest

2 weeks later
#125 9 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

You sold a pinball machine to a BABY?

No, the baby is my daughter, my youngest child, I also have 2 other daughters, 23 years old and 22 years old and 2 other sons, 17 years old and 18 years old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-joust-on-ebay-that-isnt-a-hep/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.