59_G-24.jpg
46_G.jpg
51_G.jpg
43_G.jpg
35_G.jpg
6_G.jpg
33_G.jpg
15_G.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Every time a game is "restored" I believe it makes a mint condition original increase in relative value by roughly 1-5%

Probably more than that.

I sold a bunch of EBD for $300 each, and now even a worn one fetches $1000.

A truly mint one would probably fetch $3500?

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I'd say in 15 years that a mint condition original will be worth 1.5-5x's more than a "restored one".

Maybe.

Most restored ones are counterfeit anyway, like all those Bally Kiss games I was selling when Gene was still making playfields & backglasses. Reproduction cabinet, playfield, backglass, plastics, pops, flippers, MPU, legs....what was original? The wiring harness, coindoor and the transformer, lol.

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I'm simply looking at a dozen other collectable markets. Original antiques, posters, toys, video games, coins, autos, that have been "restored", are always less desirable on the open market. Pinball may be an exception to this... for now.

Yeah, 80 years from now on Antique Roadshow 2100:

Host: You can see that at some point, this pin was sanded down and a decal was applied.
Owner: Yes, I noticed that.
Host: Do you have any idea of it's value?
Owner: Well, one guy told me he'd buy it for 10,000 Yuan, but then I saw on the Fibernet maybe 15,000 Yuan.....
Host: Well, you will be glad you did not take his offer, because even with it's condition issues, this pin is worth 25,000 Yuan !!!!!
Owner: Really?????? Oh, I wish my granddad was still alive to hear that !!!!!!!
Host: Had the cabinet had it's original finish, at auction, one could expect 900,000,000,000 Yuan.....

0_(resized).jpg0_(resized).jpg

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I think it goes both ways. It's worth whatever a buyer will pay for it. It's true that a clear coated playfield doesn't feel like an original game. I wish repro pf's were made with a thin layer of varnish (or whatever was used) like the originals.

You can use Rottenstone to knock the finish back to the semi-gloss that the original had.

Takes about 15 minutes.

4 weeks later
#56 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

What machines that are labeled as "all original" don't have some counterfeit parts in them? I mean all original would be all NOS parts including mechs, electronic parts with correct manufacturer and date code, even lamp sockets, rubber and balls.

I still have genuine Williams flipper rebuild kits for my serious collector clients, but they sure are not $25 a kit....lol

But right now in the hobby, many **restorations** might be better termed re-manufactured.

New cab, playfield, backglass, boards.....90% fake.

#58 8 years ago

I don't want any games to be played, ever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-ebd?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.