Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JeffF
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5_G.jpg
1_G.jpg
IMG_5382.jpg
IMG_5271.JPG
IMG_5272.JPG
IMG_5270.JPG
IMG_5273.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I just got my playfield back from Christopher at HEP and it's absolutely beautiful. Thought I would share some drool-worthy pics:

IMG_5273.jpg IMG_5270.JPG IMG_5271.JPG IMG_5272.JPG
#2 5 years ago

Wow! Incredible!

That probably cost more than what the entire machine is worth! Wish I had one!

viperrwk

#3 5 years ago

HOLY SMOKES that's beautiful!!! Damn Chris is good! Cover that thing with mylar or lexan so it never gets scratched.

#5 5 years ago

WOW just WOW!

#6 5 years ago

He also repainted the underside, installed new 44 sockets and re-braided it.

I'm torn on whether or not I should put mylar on it. It's just so beautiful as it is and it's never going to see heavy enough play to wear the clear. Plus, I'm going to keep it clean. I don't know. Thoughts on that?

IMG_5382.jpg
#7 5 years ago

I see zero reason to put mylar on top of auto clear. Even with heavy wear I was under the impression that good auto should hold up forever.

#8 5 years ago

You now the nicest baby pac playfield in existence.

#9 5 years ago

Geebus!

#10 5 years ago

Amazing shine. That is flawless. Please do not mylar that work of art!

#11 5 years ago

Seeing the work Chris does explains why certain people take pinball machines and make them into coffee tables!!!

#12 5 years ago

Usually when I see these incredible restorations I'm appreciative. This time I'm just envious.

I wouldn't put anything on that playfield except wax on a very tight schedule. Post some pics when you get it all together.

#13 5 years ago

What about the Lexan option? Place it on top of the PF and it's held down by the bumpers and stuff, NOT glue.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

What about the Lexan option? Place it on top of the PF and it's held down by the bumpers and stuff, NOT glue.

Meh. that sounds terrible. I'm just going to leave it as-is and enjoy it's beauty. I'm restoring the machine because I love the game and I'm going to play it, not "keep it nice so I can get my money back when I sell it".

#15 5 years ago

Quoted from KoolMoeCraig:Meh. that sounds terrible. I'm just going to leave it as-is and enjoying it's beauty. I'm restoring the machine because I love the game and I'm going to play it, not "keep it nice so I can get my money back when I sell it".

#16 5 years ago

As if the game was not fast and challenging enough.

Beautiful. Lower PF is going to scream now.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from KoolMoeCraig:

Meh. that sounds terrible. I'm just going to leave it as-is and enjoying it's beauty. I'm restoring the machine because I love the game and I'm going to play it, not "keep it nice so I can get my money back when I sell it".

NICE! Enjoy it bro.

#19 5 years ago

I wouldn't cover that playfield. It won't get that much abuse from the ball the clear couldn't handle. Just make sure the drops are level with the playfield.

Thinking about it some more I'm not sure I'd want an HEP playfield. Whatever I'd do to the rest of the machine wouldn't stand up in comparison unless it was already pristine in every other way.

viperrwk

#20 5 years ago

That is amazing. Very nice.

#21 5 years ago

......sweeeeeeeeeet

#22 5 years ago

It's probably the closest thing he's done to restoring an arcade game. I'd be afraid to place that back in the cabinet, but the work Chris does will basically last a lifetime or more.

#23 5 years ago

That looks fantastic!!!... Any before pics for comparison?

-Steve Ridge

#24 5 years ago

Looks great . I have a Baby Pac Man and love the game. I am a video game /pinball guy..

#25 5 years ago

That is beautiful. How much do you have in that?

#26 5 years ago

Wow, that is lovely. Any before pics though? Would love to see the differences.

#27 5 years ago

I love to see pins get the HEP treatment besides the so called "A" pins. IMHO they are more valuable to a collector simply due to rarity. Great choice!

#28 5 years ago

I really hope CPR does this play-field someday. I swapped mine into a brand new cab and put on new art. I just need something close to this level.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Wow, that is lovely. Any before pics though? Would love to see the differences.

Here is the process on that though I am getting away from playfield only jobs this year so I can concentrate fully on my complete restores.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album502

1_G.jpg 5_G.jpg
#30 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Here is the process on that though I am getting away from playfield only jobs this year so I can concentrate fully on my complete restores.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album502

1_G.jpg 183 KB
5_G.jpg 300 KB

Really? I was just planning on sending you some photos of a congo pf I want restored. No real hurry, just want quality. Is it not even worth me sending the photos?

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Really? I was just planning on sending you some photos of a congo pf I want restored. No real hurry, just want quality. Is it not even worth me sending the photos?

You can send pictures and I will consider it.
The thing I have been running into lately is people just want to send me the stuff other people can't handle and it doesn't make sense to get involved in that with my workload.

#32 5 years ago

The before and after pictures are insane!!

#33 5 years ago

Very cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ukiah, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Riverside, CA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Mirage, CA
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 157.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside