(Topic ID: 146683)

Hendrix pinball machine

By o-din

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0DF20F18-DF23-4D8B-A729-42628B252163 (resized).jpeg
    jimi-hendrix-and-employment_o_94653 (resized).jpg
    image-2 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    dave_mustaine_school_of_rock_(resized).jpg
    cliffburton-r-i-p_(resized).jpg
    Cream_(resized).jpg
    r-JOHN-FILO-KENT-STATE-SHOOTINGS-large570_(resized).jpg
    snack_(resized).jpg
    jimi_(resized).jpg
    tumblr_m24klfP6xA1qe5k65o1_540.jpg
    gryzzz-dog.jpg
    no-vic.gif
    09-09-69cavett.jpg
    image.jpeg
    cube.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

What songs or features would you like to see on an upcoming Jimi Hendrix pinball machine? I have heard at one time he jumped out of perfectly good airplanes in the name of freedom.

Here's one of my favorites.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Never gonna happen bruh.

That's the spirit!

#5 8 years ago

Rainbow Bridge was one of the most enlightening movies I ever saw.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

reuse the castle mech, painted tan, in their Hendrix game for Castles Made of Sand Multiball.

Oh, that's cool! Will we see it melts into the sea?

#13 8 years ago

I see somebody's already working up some cool mods for this pin.

cube.pngcube.png

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

How about If 6 were 9.

I wouldn't mind.

#21 8 years ago

In honor of the El Nino storms that finally started to arrive yesterday, I would like to add Still Raining Still Dreaming to the play list.

#28 8 years ago

09-09-69cavett.jpg09-09-69cavett.jpg

#32 8 years ago

Fall mountain, just don't fall on me.

#34 8 years ago

Gotta have Voodoo Chile and Room Full of Mirrors

#46 8 years ago

I think we have a pretty good song list now and I agree with everybody's selections. I've only got one more.

#49 8 years ago

You'll never hear surf music again...

#51 8 years ago

I saw that movie yeaars ago....

#56 8 years ago

We made it to page two without anybody saying this was a bad idea.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fun fact : Hey Joe is the only song on Are You Experienced not written by Jimi.

Here are some more fun facts-

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

how do you take that statement?
    Dick Dale was in poor health when he said it...

I heard it was to encourage him to get better. I love surf music. It's in my blood.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

Not only is this not a bad idea... but I would be on the pre-order list if this were to happen!

Then you would need a place to store GnR.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

You'll never hear surf music again !

Oh yeah?

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

No.... I would have to store my wife somewhere!!!

Don't look at me!

#73 8 years ago

For anybody that hasn't seen it yet, the recently released Hendrix movie Electric Church is an outstanding documentary with concert footage from one of his last USA concerts at the Atlanta Pop Festival on July 4 1970. The footage includes great audio quality and includes Hendrix playing the Star Spangled Banner with skyrockets and fireworks going off in the background. Here is Purple Haze from that show.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Performance of Stone Free especially kicked ass. Dont know why they rarely ever play it on the radio.

I was looking for that version of Stone Free before I posted that, but it didn't include the video. Stone Free definitely.

#79 8 years ago

The Hendrix family settled their disputes over licensing recently so now it shouldn't be too dificult.

http://www.jimihendrix.com/us/experience-hendrix-llc

2 weeks later
    #90 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I saw Jimi Hendrix in 1980 at the midnight movies! Watching "Rainbow Bridge" made me feel like I was there with him.

I was there with some friends watching Rainbow Bridge when I was about 18 at the midnite movies. Still not sure what was on that sugar cube.

Being a teen in the 70s, I always wished I could go back to the 60s and see him and some other bands play. Movies like this were the next best thing.

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

for you that weren't there,the Berkeley community theatre,was the worst place he could have played!

I wasn't there but the movie Jimi Plays Berkeley shows an intense performance that really pulled a lot of emotion out of the audience.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Omg how old are you people? Hendrix was way before my time and I thought I was old. Very hard pass on this one.

And this is a funny statement from somebody that has rock pins from bands that are from another time. Neither of which can hold a candle to Hendrix.

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

OH,no,Berkeley was a fine show,

Tonite you are welcome to join us for the midnite showing of Jimi Plays Berkeley and this time the snack bar will be open!

snack_(resized).jpgsnack_(resized).jpg

#98 8 years ago

Ya know, Hendrix wasn't the only artist from the 60s that I wished I could have seen. I guess I should be happy that I got to see so many great acts from the 70s onward.

Cream_(resized).jpgCream_(resized).jpg

#101 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The only "rock" pin I have is Metallica, a band that is not only has members still alive, but also is still active. I rethemed acdc. I bought Elvis to retheme and received stones in a trade. I am selling Elvis because the theme ruins an otherwise good game and I think am going to retheme stones.

I hear ya, but without Hendrix, guitar rock as we know it today might not be the same. Many hard artists and people in general still credit Hendrix as the best of all time. I think Stones would have been a lot better with a different song list as they were also one of the best.

#104 8 years ago

And if you think I'm old Cliff was born a few days after I was. RIP.

#106 8 years ago

What this thread needs is more Jimi. Marty McFly eat your heart out!

#114 8 years ago

Somebody thought it would be a good idea to do that before going to see Rainbow Bridge. Some things change your entire outlook on life permanently. There is no going back now... such was life back in the 70s.

#115 8 years ago

" If you can just get your mind together, then come on across to me.. we'll hold hands and watch the sunrise.. from the bottom of the sea..."

#117 8 years ago

It died like so many fish flopping on the deck..

#118 8 years ago

In honor of the late great Mr. Bowie, I remember watching this song on the radio that night.

#120 8 years ago

You know what's cool though? It's 35 years later now and I don't feel any worse for the wear.. some experiences can prompt positive changes. Like never doing that again!

#122 8 years ago

The last couple hours were the worst...

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

"Toast, will I remember how to make toast?

Post Toasty.

#129 8 years ago

If done right I'd be looking to ad this game to my collection. I wouldn't even need the LSD display.

#131 8 years ago

Blue Boy says the display is a must.

3 months later
    #132 7 years ago

OK. Now that we've got that out of the way.. .. and we are inching closer to release, lets see if we have our song list together and any other things that will help make this the best music pinball machine ever.

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I would sell my plasma to get this pin.

Well, we are hoping this one will come from Stern, not CGC.

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from weaselfest:

Can't believe no one in this group has mentioned "Manic Depression"

That would be a fail on my part.

Manic Depression added to the song list.

#143 7 years ago

I see you're back from your trip.

2 months later
    #147 7 years ago

Right!

6 months later
    #148 7 years ago

Looks like we're getting closer.

#149 7 years ago

7 months later
    #150 6 years ago

Getting closer!

1 year later
    #152 5 years ago

Due to the increasing levels of political correctness, and the overall effort in the industry to present games that are more and more family friendly, the new rumor is this game will not evolve around the later Jimi Hedrix Experience years, but instead will be themed about the early years while he was a member of The Isley Brothers.

Also keeping with the current trend of making games that are easy to service by the novice collector, it is also rumored that it will be a single level game similar to the classic Stern Disco, but with modern features like a large Rudolph Isley head that will spit balls back toward the flippers.
    hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg

#153 5 years ago

I guess we really need to start making a list of our favorite Isley Brothers jams before the decision gets made with out any of our input.

#154 5 years ago

I suppose if there is enough interest it could be Little Richard instead.

9 months later
    #155 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

This is still happening, right?

Yes

4 years later
    #158 6 months ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

what did I miss ?

You predicting this. Or perhaps it was you.

#159 6 months ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

This would be a great pin if done right! The hell with the isle Bros.crap! The Experience was his best work!Saw him twice, at Berkeley,and the Coliseum!Loudest show I ever heard

jimi-hendrix-and-employment_o_94653 (resized).jpgjimi-hendrix-and-employment_o_94653 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hendrix-pinball-machine?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.