(Topic ID: 109521)

Experience with Hemisphere Amusements?

By Jazman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin (resized).png
    eddie-griffin-popcorn.gif
    Spaghetti (resized).png
    52bc7f057decaf8ee5c6b39f2369961106c4528181510c0c502391e49216f4c5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

What kind of business are you in that you take PayPal?

I have been contacted several times by "PayPal" to offer them as a payment option for my customers. I am in the automotive repair business and I could not tell them NO quick enough. If I have a problem customer, I can very easily demand cash only for payment.

I had one recently where the wife authorized $500 in repairs and the husband called back 3 hours later and said we don't want the work done. Way too late, vehicle was 80% done by that time. He came in all bent out of shape and told me he was going to contest the charges. I told him sorry, no credit cards, no checks, cash only for your invoice. He went ballistic and said he was calling the police. I handed him the phone number for the non emergency line. He then told me he was just going to take his car and I explained the second the vehicle leaves my property, I report it stolen and will press charges for theft of services.

He came back the next morning with cash. Wife was completely embarrassed by this jerko and I felt bad for her. I will probably never see these people as customers again, but as a business you have to protect what is right.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I use PayPal for my business. What's the difference really between credit cards directly or PayPal. If a customer does a chargeback on their credit card the bank will just take the money from the business/seller anyway just like PayPal does. Then you will have to go through a process to get your funds back in which the buyer is usually favored. The buyer always has the advantage in a chargeback. I would agree that cash is king but if you have an online business you need to accept credit cards.

No online business at for me. I do accept all major credit cards, and even have a 0% for 6 months finance program with Synchrony Bank. But when a customer starts with the "I am going to contest the charges" BEFORE he pays for his bill, sorry pal, cash ONLY!

As a business owner I rather fight a contested charge with a bank card over PayPal any day. It's pure amateur hour when dealing with anyone at PayPal.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crazypins:

Kurt is Aces in my book. I bought a TWD Premium from him. I'm sure he got a few chuckles from dealing with me. He gave me a great deal. This guy is way more than fair. Buy from him. I will be buying all my future machines from him. He is the best. Everything from Kurt was as promised. Thanks Kurt for everything. I wish all my pinball purchases went as well as this one did.

Say Kurt 3 times in one post and get a free game of WOZLERR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hemisphere-amusements?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.