By Jazman

3 years ago

Stats

• 79 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Hemispheres
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pin (resized).png
    eddie-griffin-popcorn.gif
    Spaghetti (resized).png
    52bc7f057decaf8ee5c6b39f2369961106c4528181510c0c502391e49216f4c5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 6 months ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

If you haven't run into a clown like this trust me when you do you have absolutely zero protection. Unless you want to lose your ass don't take PayPal. They will never be taken again for my business. The funny thing is that I've never taken it for big-ticket items because I've always known the buyer has all the rights the seller has none. And I told PayPal it if it wasn't for us you guys wouldn't even have a job because without the products being sold there is nothing. Unfortunately the one time I got my arm twisted into doing it I got Joe.... and we all know how Joe rolls. Honestly, I can't tell you how relieved I am I don't have to deal with him anymore. I seriously wish dealers had a black list because I would throw him at the top. I'm not joking when I tell you I wouldn't want anybody to go through what I did with this dude. Nobody will want to deal with this guy. I guarantee you... nobody. And unfortunately PayPal doesn't care. They're just a bunch of puppets on the phone. Unless you're willing to lose whatever money you collected don't use them. I was fortunate enough to know I was getting my goods back and that's why I cut the ties after I knew it was on the way back. I knew I wouldn't win PayPal and I didn't care... I just wanted my game back and this guy to be gone.

You should send an email to other distributors with a heads up about this guy. I'd imagine you know who most of them are.

In my industry, we share this kind of information all the time. Most of my competitors, I'm very friendly with. We don't want to see each other get financially hurt.

#48 6 months ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

I already did that. Unfortunately I don't know all the dealers but the ones I do deal with I absolutely notified them. I wouldn't want to see any of them hurt either. The good news is I finally got someone with some decision making authority at PayPal and got all my fees back. I was relentless. The bottom tier puppets are a joke. I finally got ahold of a woman who spoke English clear as a bell out of Nebraska and she was awesome. Very apologetic and said she don't know why this went the way it went but this is a case that we will absolutely review. Apparently they've been having a lot of issues with sellers bailing out because of the fact that as a seller you literally have almost no rights when these buyers lock up the funds like this. It is a very automated process and there's very little human decision-making involved. She said there's a computer system that basically takes in all the documentation it gets reviewed briefly but it's pretty regimented. That's a joke! I was relentless and it took me almost an hour on the phone to finally get to her and that was my 3rd attempt over the weeks to get to somebody who actually knew their @$$ from a hole in the ground over there. I'm sure I could probably fight the carrier for mishandling the box but quite honestly, I don't care. I'm just happy to be done and over with with this guy.
    What kind of business are you in that you take PayPal?

I pave roads, parking lots, driveways, tennis courts, running tracks and snowplow in the winter. I only accept checks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.50
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 160.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 187 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside