(Topic ID: 109521)

Experience with Hemisphere Amusements?

By Jazman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin (resized).png
    eddie-griffin-popcorn.gif
    Spaghetti (resized).png
    52bc7f057decaf8ee5c6b39f2369961106c4528181510c0c502391e49216f4c5 (resized).jpg
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Adding my voice to the chorus of support for Kurt and Hemispheres!

After comparing prices at several Midwest distributors I got my GB NIB from Kurt and have had no problems except for the plastic chunk that props the Scoleri drop targets up.

He had replacements on the way the day after I called him (several of them since it's only a matter of time till it breaks again).

Good prices, great service, and I'm able to support a local(ish) vendor too.

Planning on going w/ Hemispeheres again if I get the new SW in 2018!

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

Adding my voice to the chorus of support for Kurt and Hemispheres!
    After comparing prices at several Midwest distributors I got my GB NIB from Kurt and have had no problems except for the plastic chunk that props the Scoleri drop targets up.
    He had replacements on the way the day after I called him (several of them since it's only a matter of time till it breaks again).
    Good prices, great service, and I'm able to support a local(ish) vendor too.
    Planning on going w/ Hemispeheres again if I get the new SW in 2018!

Thank you for your support. Much appreciated. We feel we really have proved over and over to our customers that our customer service and support is top notch. We WILL do what is needed and we WILL follow up. Thanks your your GB purchase and we will have SW soon! Just let us know when your ready!

ALL PINSIDERS, PLEASE MENTION YOUR A PINSIDER WHEN YOU REACH OUT TO US. NOT ONLY WILL YOU RECEIVE A PINSIDE DISCOUNT, BUT WE WILL BE WORKING ON DOING A PINSIDE PROMOTION WHERE WE WILL DONATE TO PINSIDE FOR ANY NEW IN THE BOX GAME SOLD FROM PINSIDE REFERRALS. ONCE I HAVE SOME TIME TO REACH OUT TO PINSIDE (heck we could not even PM them the first 24 hours...the system would not let us) WE WILL PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER AND ANNOUNCE THIS.

Thanks again for everyone's loyal support. We REALLY DO appreciate this.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

What kind of business are you in that you take PayPal?

I have been contacted several times by "PayPal" to offer them as a payment option for my customers. I am in the automotive repair business and I could not tell them NO quick enough. If I have a problem customer, I can very easily demand cash only for payment.

I had one recently where the wife authorized $500 in repairs and the husband called back 3 hours later and said we don't want the work done. Way too late, vehicle was 80% done by that time. He came in all bent out of shape and told me he was going to contest the charges. I told him sorry, no credit cards, no checks, cash only for your invoice. He went ballistic and said he was calling the police. I handed him the phone number for the non emergency line. He then told me he was just going to take his car and I explained the second the vehicle leaves my property, I report it stolen and will press charges for theft of services.

He came back the next morning with cash. Wife was completely embarrassed by this jerko and I felt bad for her. I will probably never see these people as customers again, but as a business you have to protect what is right.

#54 6 years ago

I use PayPal for my business. What's the difference really between credit cards directly or PayPal. If a customer does a chargeback on their credit card the bank will just take the money from the business/seller anyway just like PayPal does. Then you will have to go through a process to get your funds back in which the buyer is usually favored. The buyer always has the advantage in a chargeback. I would agree that cash is king but if you have an online business you need to accept credit cards.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I use PayPal for my business. What's the difference really between credit cards directly or PayPal. If a customer does a chargeback on their credit card the bank will just take the money from the business/seller anyway just like PayPal does. Then you will have to go through a process to get your funds back in which the buyer is usually favored. The buyer always has the advantage in a chargeback. I would agree that cash is king but if you have an online business you need to accept credit cards.

No online business at for me. I do accept all major credit cards, and even have a 0% for 6 months finance program with Synchrony Bank. But when a customer starts with the "I am going to contest the charges" BEFORE he pays for his bill, sorry pal, cash ONLY!

As a business owner I rather fight a contested charge with a bank card over PayPal any day. It's pure amateur hour when dealing with anyone at PayPal.

#56 6 years ago

Paypal is a consumer demanded necessity, but agree with the difficulty they create for the vendor.

I chose to use my banks policy, and Block paypal from removing any funds.
    Sure, I had a few disputes, and I pissed them off, they required I reinstate they could withdraw, which I did, but 30 days later, I flipped it back.

To me, disputes will happen, but for the fees they charge for being a money charger, I feel any dispute should take 30 days at least, before funds are withdrawn, or longer, and if its faster, it should be advanced by the CC company.

On another note, Kurt, youve gained a ton of respect, especially to share your issue was a customer who makes up their own rules!

I have one to share, I had a customer who put a 6.3v in a 12v, on a HEP game. Their error.
    The smoke from the LED filled the playfield.

Customer wanted me to pay shipping 2 ways of game and "smoke removal", etc.
    Ultimately, he wanted close to 2K, to cover his $.59 misapplication.....I too, fired the customer!

#57 6 years ago

Congrats to pinpinpin for what must be the lowest thumbs rating on Pinside, 1.6% positive! 3 up, 190 down! Over 63 down for each up!

#58 6 years ago

On behalf of Hemispheres and all other level-headed Pinsiders, I'd like to thank pinpinpin for pointing out what a great dealer Hemispheres Amusements is to do business with. More reputable dealers are good for pinball. And now we know he's even a great guy with really difficult customers.

#59 6 years ago

My friend bought a Bally Gold Ball with no issues at all. I bought a Viza War pinball as well and no problems. Kurt gave us a pass to walk the show as well!

#60 6 years ago

You guys are awesome. Really..... And I have to give my sincere thank you to pinpinpin for the business.....hahahaha were selling games because of this and the other thread. Thanks Joe. I made up the profit loss and aggravation from your transaction 4 fold thanks to you reviving this thread and starting the other. Have a beautiful day. We are!

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Paypal is a consumer demanded necessity, but agree with the difficulty they create for the vendor.
    I chose to use my banks policy, and Block paypal from removing any funds.
    Sure, I had a few disputes, and I pissed them off, they required I reinstate they could withdraw, which I did, but 30 days later, I flipped it back.
    To me, disputes will happen, but for the fees they charge for being a money charger, I feel any dispute should take 30 days at least, before funds are withdrawn, or longer, and if its faster, it should be advanced by the CC company.
    On another note, Kurt, youve gained a ton of respect, especially to share your issue was a customer who makes up their own rules!
    I have one to share, I had a customer who put a 6.3v in a 12v, on a HEP game. Their error.
    The smoke from the LED filled the playfield.
    Customer wanted me to pay shipping 2 ways of game and "smoke removal", etc.
    Ultimately, he wanted close to 2K, to cover his $.59 misapplication.....I too, fired the customer!

Thanks oldpinguy. Sounds like your a really reasonable guy as well. I will always work with anyone, but one hand washes the other and when respect is lost one one side or the other there is nothing left. Nobody gets anywhere on a one way street that ends with a brick wall.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

As a business owner I rather fight a contested charge with a bank card over PayPal any day. It's pure amateur hour when dealing with anyone at PayPal.

Nailed it. Ditto....

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

On behalf of hemispheres and all other level-headed Pinsiders, I'd like to thank pinpinpin for pointing out what a great dealer Hemispheres Amusements is to do business with. More reputable dealers are good for pinball. And now we know he's even a great guy with really difficult customers.

Quoted from Hemispheres:

You guys are awesome. Really..... And I have to give my sincere thank you to pinpinpin for the business.....hahahaha were selling games because of this and the other thread. Thanks Joe. I made up the profit loss and aggravation from your transaction 4 fold thanks to you reviving this thread and starting the other. Have a beautiful day. We are!

Called it!

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have been contacted several times by "PayPal" to offer them as a payment option for my customers. I am in the automotive repair business and I could not tell them NO quick enough. If I have a problem customer, I can very easily demand cash only for payment.
    I had one recently where the wife authorized $500 in repairs and the husband called back 3 hours later and said we don't want the work done. Way too late, vehicle was 80% done by that time. He came in all bent out of shape and told me he was going to contest the charges. I told him sorry, no credit cards, no checks, cash only for your invoice. He went ballistic and said he was calling the police. I handed him the phone number for the non emergency line. He then told me he was just going to take his car and I explained the second the vehicle leaves my property, I report it stolen and will press charges for theft of services.
    He came back the next morning with cash. Wife was completely embarrassed by this jerko and I felt bad for her. I will probably never see these people as customers again, but as a business you have to protect what is right.

Isn't it sad how we (not just pinball dealers....I mean people) have to operate now? Everyone has to protect their ass. I sold a new Star Trek Premium pin today to a local. Long story short (he is a newbie) he wanted the game asap but was worried his check would delay things etc... I said better yet I will take it on delivery. Your word on the order (and your check) is good. (he is in a high dollar area so I knew he was not a crook) It should be right? I mean isn't that how it's SUPPOSED to be? You call me, you want the item, ok, I'll write it up and we will be there for the delivery. No problem. It really breaks the ice when you GIVE the trust. You then may actually get it back. I am a big believer in the golden rule. Treat those as you expect to be treated. This conversation started out with "are you sure this in new in the box" and can you send me a picture" etc. Who knows what has happened to him. Maybe it was not even a pinball but somewhere someone screwed the guy. I gladly took the pictures and sent them after the order was written up and I hung up the phone, but it just goes to show how everyone walks around covering their ass and the days of the handshake are past. There is a lyric I like. "Folks are basically decent, conventional wisdom would say...but we read about the exceptions in the papers everyday.

#65 6 years ago

I've had the pleasure of dealing with Kurt on multiple occasions. Besides running a stand-up business as mentioned, Kurt has helped me and many others in the collecting community in the area. Great guy who is an asset to the hobby.

#66 6 years ago

Rush!!!

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

The difference is that PayPus only requires a "difficult customer" to log on and click ONE BUTTON to initiate a dispute. TOO EASY TO DO!!

A credit card chargeback 'usually' requires a person to front up at a bank with all paperwork in hand before a chargeback is considered.

This is a VERY big difference IMO as it slows down frivolous chargebacks.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

The difference is that PayPus only requires a "difficult customer" to log on and click ONE BUTTON to initiate a dispute. TOO EASY TO DO!!
    A credit card chargeback 'usually' requires a person to front up at a bank with all paperwork in hand before a chargeback is considered.
    This is a VERY big difference IMO as it slows down frivolous chargebacks.

I only have ever had ONE case with someone trying to dispute on a visa and it was a long time ago so maybe things have changed a bit but all I had to do was present the invoice and the signed slip and it was case closed in my favor. It was a single fax and I was done. I will NEVER EVER take paypal again. They can go pound sand. I don't need them.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from mjenison:

I've had the pleasure of dealing with Kurt on multiple occasions. Besides running a stand-up business as mentioned, Kurt has helped me and many others in the collecting community in the area. Great guy who is an asset to the hobby.

Thanks Mark!

#70 6 years ago

Kurt is Aces in my book. I bought a TWD Premium from him. I'm sure he got a few chuckles from dealing with me. He gave me a great deal. This guy is way more than fair. Buy from him. I will be buying all my future machines from him. He is the best. Everything from Kurt was as promised. Thanks Kurt for everything. I wish all my pinball purchases went as well as this one did.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crazypins:

Kurt is Aces in my book. I bought a TWD Premium from him. I'm sure he got a few chuckles from dealing with me. He gave me a great deal. This guy is way more than fair. Buy from him. I will be buying all my future machines from him. He is the best. Everything from Kurt was as promised. Thanks Kurt for everything. I wish all my pinball purchases went as well as this one did.

Say Kurt 3 times in one post and get a free game of WOZLERR

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Thanks oldpinguy. Sounds like your a really reasonable guy as well. I will always work with anyone, but one hand washes the other and when respect is lost one one side or the other there is nothing left. Nobody gets anywhere on a one way street that ends with a brick wall.

Nah, the family got me a bunch of old, retired, grumpy shirts...so I changed my Avatar!

Ill say one thing, if you were the distributor in my area, your presence here would deserve all my business!

#73 6 years ago

I ordered my SW premium from Kurt yesterday! Thanks Pinpinpin for putting Hemispheres on my radar. Kurt was super friendly and informative. Thanks Again!

@vdojaq: I've already got a Woz any other options?

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

I wish it was! Where do you think the name of my business came from?

Damn! I saw this and was going awesome!!! They are finally making a Rush pin!!!

#75 6 years ago

I met oldpinguy once...
    Brief, but magical

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

There is a lyric I like. "Folks are basically decent, conventional wisdom would say...but we read about the exceptions in the papers everyday."

Except no way Neil would have used that synonym for "ordinary." The correct lyric is "every day."

It ought to be second nature...

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I met oldpinguy once...
    Brief, but magical

My Magic eight ball says:

Our paths will cross again and be.................. forgettable!

We have mutual friends that require we play a game or two!

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crazypins:

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nah, the family got me a bunch of old, retired, grumpy shirts...so I changed my Avatar!
    Ill say one thing, if you were the distributor in my area, your presence here would deserve all my business!

Quoted from jrockne:

I ordered my SW premium from Kurt yesterday! Thanks Pinpinpin for putting Hemispheres on my radar. Kurt was super friendly and informative. Thanks Again!
    vdojaq: I've already got a Woz any other options?

Man...you guys are gonna give a fat head here...I'm just doing my job. Seriously, if dealers are that bad how the heck do they stay in business? I mean is it that hard to just do what your supposed to do? lol...

THANK YOU for all the kind words, but really, it's what I'm paid to do....

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oiler2112:

Damn! I saw this and was going awesome!!! They are finally making a Rush pin!!!

Dude....don't tease me like that...

And thanks for the order!
    Rush on....

6 months later
    #80 6 years ago

+1 pleased customer here thanks for my new Dialed In Kurt@hemispheres!

#81 6 years ago

Kurt is always helpful, honest and easy to deal with. I am a repeat customer.

1 year later
    #82 4 years ago

Had another great experience with support from my distributor, Kurt @hemispheres Amusements. Had another occurrence of wires breaking under the Black Pearl mini playfield of my JJPOTC. He met me at his shop way outside normal business hours to solder them for me and then took a lot of extra time to come up with an idea to help bulletproof the area to lessen the chance of the issue recurring so often. Very nice to have Kurt’s experience on my side! He and Mark at Hemispheres have been amazing.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from EaglePin:

Had another great experience with support from my distributor, Kurt @hemispheres Amusements. Had another occurrence of wires breaking under the Black Pearl mini playfield of my JJPOTC. He met me at his shop way outside normal business hours to solder them for me and then took a lot of extra time to come up with an idea to help bulletproof the area to lessen the chance of the issue recurring so often. Very nice to have Kurt’s experience on my side! He and Mark at Hemispheres have been amazing.

Hey Chris, Thanks so much. This is greatly appreciated as is your business! Thanks again!

1 year later
    #84 2 years ago

Hemispheres Amusements was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Kurt’s insight and expertise were extremely helpful. A high degree of professionalism, fair pricing and outstanding service, exactly want you want and hope to receive from a business, especially when your purchasing a more expensive item sight unseen from out of state. A truly first rate organization!

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hemisphere-amusements/page/2?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.