• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Woz open pin photo.jpg
#1 9 years ago

So here is the situation:

> Had to remove playfield to bring machine up a very steep and twisty set of steps.
> The WOZ manual says the play field is removable but does not give any guidance
> About 10 removed/marked plugs into the operation I realized putting is back together was going to be a challenge.
> Finally got just about everything back into place - turn on machine - it booted up - but silently Everything but the sound seems to work.
> Went back under and found this plug without a mate - but can't find the female mate! Does anyone know where this plug goes and if it is related to my sound issue? My quick assessment it that it seems to spots the colors of the wires coming out of the rear fan and is unrelated?
> Any tips, other than calling the tech line(who I have a message into) to get this solved.

thanks - All quiet on the Western Front

Woz open pin photo.jpgWoz open pin photo.jpg

#2 9 years ago

sometimes when i turn on game it has no sound ...i restart and all is good...remove the top metal shield over the cpu and towards the rear is the sound board/amp ..maybe see if anything is off or loose

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Cyclone - I went over that and it all seems good.

#4 9 years ago

Unplug n plug in your sound input connection from the CPU to the sound board, then do the same from the amp rca connections and speaker connections. reseat them all could be something loose in moving it.

#5 9 years ago

Is your game just opened?

My game occasionally did that. I resolved it by going to the settings menu and restoring factory settings. It's been a while, but best I can remember, it would either reboot with that maneuver or I did it, but the trick always worked for me. I assumed it was a minor software bug.

Best of luck.

#6 9 years ago

Is it possible that the mute button on the coin door has been pushed?

#7 9 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your input. In answer to your suggestions:

1. Re: Mute - yes, I have overlooked the obvious enough times that I checked that out quickly - it was not the issue.

2. I have not tried a re-store. That is good idea and I will try it when I get to the machine later today.

3. I visually inspected all connections but will take your advice to reseat them.

4. I still think the orphaned #24 plug is lurking at the heart of this.I have a call into JJP tech to address this.

While on that latter subject I won't to say, in contrast to all the naysaying that goes on, how terrific JJP has been on all front in helping me with anything and everything!! It really puzzles me when I read that a customer issue has not been well handled and makes me think either they or I are living in a parallel universe!

#8 9 years ago

Recheck all connections from cabinet head to cabinet body.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks to all who responded. I walked through the audio wiring flow with Frank at JJP(he is new and did very nice job helping). It turns out that the green 3.5 mm plug from the Pinnovations board to the rear of the chassis(this is what JJP calls the metal box) was plugged into the wrong hole and the Pinnovations side of the jack needed to be wiggled(this appears to be common). It is all working properly now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-woz-sound-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.