42 days ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by Multiballmaniac1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

10494B8A-47A2-4B2E-BB09-AD2D8B3DF1DA (resized).jpeg
    9CF2A387-AA93-468D-80AA-4A8EC8C69057 (resized).jpeg
    D4261340-0B2D-4D83-BC2E-0DF0BA99143C (resized).jpeg
    077A5703-E5D3-4F05-A4DF-FCF99E7DA7AA (resized).jpeg
    6EF0CEE6-A813-428F-A2C5-98BE4C417AD3 (resized).jpeg
    F083A4D8-3586-4BD0-B2AB-7C3A12339087 (resized).jpeg
    6721A73D-2176-4C5D-9977-48493F564A37 (resized).jpeg
    39D289FA-A360-4C3F-8C55-3C06614D75D8 (resized).jpeg
    FCAC105B-017E-49F5-91BC-54999A8649BA (resized).jpeg
    44B15C72-C27F-4DB8-B949-623F74D7BDBD (resized).jpeg
    CAEA4965-9569-451A-877F-D826815CA7EE (resized).jpeg

#1 42 days ago

Hello.

Just received my first pinball. The Woz RR and not off to a good start! It was just delivered by Beltman and everything was perfect in shipping, it was handled very well, I am very happy with the shipping. The problem I am having is when I go to power it up, it starts for about a 1:30 and then shuts off, the screen goes black with the No signal on the screen. Then I turn off and back on and the same thing happens, it sometimes also just freezes with lights on. I have check over all the connections to make sure everything was connected. I am still having this issue, any help will be awesome

Thank you
    Tony

#2 42 days ago

Just taking a guess. Might be software related. Your game may need to be reset to factory default and the latest code may need to be installed again.

Hopefully Lloyd will chime in with a better answer than what I can provide.

#3 42 days ago

I would start with the seller. Any known issues? When I had a Woz that happened and a new power supply from JJP fixed it. May need to call support in the morning.

#4 42 days ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

I would start with the seller. Any known issues? When I had a Woz that happened and a new power supply from JJP fixed it. May need to call support in the morning.

Talked to Seller, he’s a great guy, had never had an issue before. Maybe something in shipping went out of wack? I am not sure! All I could do is make sure everything is connected. I am also thinking it’s a software issues! Or maybe a power issue

#5 42 days ago

Updated all the software to 6.61, was able to play for about 10 minutes, I thought it was fixed then the game stopped! The monitor went out but the lights on the board stayed on. Nothing else worked, I can still hear the fan running. I rebooted the game after a few minutes, played again and the same thing happens, maybe it’s hitting something to trigger the power failure? I will call support tomorrow

#6 42 days ago

Did you run switch tests to make sure no switches are active that shouldn’t be? I had an active switch on my Oz on the upper castle play-field, I hit another switch on the lower play-field, that made the system basically say “WTF, that shouldn’t happen” it turned off on me as well. Once I adjusted the switches all was well again.

Does it only shut off during game play or if you are dicking around in the menus as well?

#7 42 days ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

Updated all the software to 6.61, was able to play for about 10 minutes, I thought it was fixed then the game stopped! The monitor went out but the lights on the board stayed on. Nothing else worked, I can still hear the fan running. I rebooted the game after a few minutes, played again and the same thing happens, maybe it’s hitting something to trigger the power failure? I will call support tomorrow

There are many fans in WoZ RR, so just because you heard a fan doesn't mean that was the CPU or power supply fan. It sounds to me like the computer is shutting down due to a fault. Take the cover off the CPU case and watch the motherboard CPU fan and lights while it boots up until it turns off.

#8 42 days ago
    Quoted from Ibanezshreader:

Did you run switch tests to make sure no switches are active that shouldn’t be? I had an active switch on my Oz on the upper castle play-field, I hit another switch on the lower play-field, that made the system basically say “WTF, that shouldn’t happen” it turned off on me as well. Once I adjusted the switches all was well again.
    Does it only shut off during game play or if you are dicking around in the menus as well?

It also shuts down while messing around with the menus, I will try Vireland suggestion to take the cover off the cpu case and watch the lights on power on to power off. Something is shutting down the cpu

#9 42 days ago

I took some pics of the inside when the system shuts down, I may try replacing the pc3 ddr 4gb ram to see what happens

CAEA4965-9569-451A-877F-D826815CA7EE (resized).jpeg44B15C72-C27F-4DB8-B949-623F74D7BDBD (resized).jpeg

#10 42 days ago

Can't really see the PC motherboard in your pictures, is the fan on the CPU running and / or are there any LEDs light or flashing on it while it's in shutdown state? What about after a reboot?

#11 42 days ago

The fan is still running, there’s a red blinking light on the main board after the shut down, lights on the playfield are on but frozen

39D289FA-A360-4C3F-8C55-3C06614D75D8 (resized).jpeg6721A73D-2176-4C5D-9977-48493F564A37 (resized).jpegFCAC105B-017E-49F5-91BC-54999A8649BA (resized).jpeg
    #12 42 days ago
    F083A4D8-3586-4BD0-B2AB-7C3A12339087 (resized).jpeg
    #13 42 days ago

The game plays fine sometimes for 8-9 minutes other times 2-3 minutes? I am lost

#14 42 days ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

The game plays fine sometimes for 8-9 minutes other times 2-3 minutes? I am lost

If you're not getting any beeps or lights from the motherboard, it makes me thing the ATX power supply is possibly flaky. Do you have another you can try?

#15 42 days ago

Didn't there used to be some people having problems when the crystal ball connection was loose?

#16 42 days ago

So this is what I would do I would unplug and replug every connector on the back of the for lack of better word really big CPU case, My guess is a the PC fan connector is just almost loose and when playing a shake or two is causing it to create intermittent issues and shutting down the PC also logical since you just shipped it, when that fails get on the phone with Frank at Tech support he has seen so much of this stuff he can get you on to the right path fast, also this machine does produce error codes so you can send a dump to them and they can help figure out whats going on. I would also unseat and reseat the ram another known area to come rattled loose and cause these problems.

#17 42 days ago
    Quoted from coz6:

So this is what I would do I would unplug and replug every connector on the back of the for lack of better word really big CPU case, My guess is a the PC fan connector is just almost loose and when playing a shake or two is causing it to create intermittent issues and shutting down the PC also logical since you just shipped it, when that fails get on the phone with Frank at Tech support he has seen so much of this stuff he can get you on to the right path fast, also this machine does produce error codes so you can send a dump to them and they can help figure out whats going on. I would also unseat and reseat the ram another known area to come rattled loose and cause these problems.

Second this. Give tech support a call, they are great to work with. There are too many possibilities, and you need to take advantage of the diagnostics built into the software.

#18 42 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

If you're not getting any beeps or lights from the motherboard, it makes me thing the ATX power supply is possibly flaky. Do you have another you can try?

When I got my NIB DI, the pin exhibited signs much like your WOZ is doing, until eventually it wouldn't even boot up. Ended up having to swap out the power supply. No issues since. But as others have recommended, get a hold of Frank at JJP tech support.....he's very knowledgeable and helpful.

#19 42 days ago

This is exactly what mine did. Call JJP and see how old your PS is...The new one fixed mine for good.

#20 42 days ago

Thank you everyone for the help, I really appreciate it. I will keep you updated, going to call JJP

#21 42 days ago

Talked to Lloyd from JJP, he never seen anything like this but believes it’s a power supply issue. He’s going to refer me to Frank with this. Are they talking about the big power brick in the back of the power supply in the metal box ?

#22 42 days ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

Talked to Lloyd from JJP, he never seen anything like this but believes it’s a power supply issue. He’s going to refer me to Frank with this. Are they talking about the big power brick in the back of the power supply in the metal box ?

Yes, I think the RR WoZ are still using ATX power supplies. Supermicro sold the same brand the ECLEs use for like $30. I bought a backup, but never had to use it so far. I think it was sparklepower or something like that.

#23 42 days ago
    6EF0CEE6-A813-428F-A2C5-98BE4C417AD3 (resized).jpeg
    #24 42 days ago

Transformer that is.

#25 42 days ago
    077A5703-E5D3-4F05-A4DF-FCF99E7DA7AA (resized).jpeg
    #26 41 days ago

Unified power supply. No burn around the inductor at L9 - good times. ATX supply would be in the middle rear near the transformer - looks just like the brick that desktop computers use. Square-ish gray or silver or black housing. Do you have a meter? Can you read voltages?

#27 41 days ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Unified power supply. No burn around the inductor at L9 - good times. ATX supply would be in the middle rear near the transformer - looks just like the brick that desktop computers use. Square-ish gray or silver or black housing. Do you have a meter? Can you read voltages?

So did that multi-output power supply replace the ATX used in ECLEs?

#28 41 days ago

Not sure if this RR has an ATX Supply

10494B8A-47A2-4B2E-BB09-AD2D8B3DF1DA (resized).jpeg9CF2A387-AA93-468D-80AA-4A8EC8C69057 (resized).jpegD4261340-0B2D-4D83-BC2E-0DF0BA99143C (resized).jpeg
    #29 41 days ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

Not sure if this RR has an ATX Supply
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, it looks like that custom multi-output power board has consolidated everything, so no need for an ATX now.

#30 41 days ago

Yes, basically. Thanks Vic

#31 41 days ago

I think they are like 150 from jjp when you swap yours.

Not saying the seller lied to you. But for it never to reset on him and then never work for you seems odd. I would love to see the CPU logs. Other thing is to check wall voltage is stable

#32 41 days ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yes, basically. Thanks Vic

Tech support has to be a nightmare on WoZ with all the hardware revisions out there, light boards, power supplies, monitors, yikes. Maybe going forward it would be good to encode a run letter or code on the USB key that displays in the diagnostics which will easily identify what build components make up the machine a person has. Kind of like putting in a Dell service number that reads out the build of computer you have.

#33 41 days ago

So before spending a buck a would reseat the connectors in the back of the computer, and the Ram - When I spoke with Frank he said its not likely to be a power supply you have the good one same with CPU, your build is after my build for sure, but they will ship and sell you anything if you ask. This would also line up with the seller no problems prior to shipping now one thats hard to track down.

#34 41 days ago

I don’t get the idea behind switching to a unified power supply. It’s not like space was scarce in that big box, and the only consequence is to have to replace an expensive board for any fail instead of a cheap and standard psu.

#35 41 days ago

My RR wasn’t booting up at all a while ago. Went through dozens of things with Frank. It ended up being the RAM on the CPU. Swapped it out and was all good. This might be worth doing as a quick test.

#36 41 days ago

My RR has the universal supply in the box as well but now it also has a seperate one to power the 2.0 LED system. I thought it was odd they had to add one as part of the kit but maybe that was just to make one kit fit all machines.

#37 41 days ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

My RR has the universal supply in the box as well but now it also has a seperate one to power the 2.0 LED system. I thought it was odd they had to add one as part of the kit but maybe that was just to make one kit fit all machines.

Bingo. The ECLE has two power supplies, and ATX and the other one you're talking about. I'm sure they kept them the same for simplicity's sake.

#38 41 days ago

Its either the RAM, hard drive or power supply. Not always easy to tell which. Sticks of RAM are cheap, so are SSD drives.

#39 41 days ago

Update: Been talking with tech support and I have to say they are amazing. Multiple phone calls going back and forth on what to unplug and replug, power on and power off. We have so far located it to the lights! The game keeps powering off with everything we tried, from removing ram to unplugging the crystal ball. Finally we unplugged the lights from the I/O board and that seems to be the trick. The games has been playing for over 2 hours without a restart. Hopefully tomorrow we will figure out which light board it is or maybe even something loose under the playfield

I will definitely keep you updated

1 week later
    #40 28 days ago

just wanted to update everyone, been out of town the last week, the restart is still happening, but it's at all different times now, I can play for an hour or more with no problems at all then other times I can play for 10 minutes and it powers off. I am starting to think it's my power, maybe I should try a dedicated power source or a surge protector. The power I have it plugged into is also connected to a ton of other stuff in the house, (refrigerator, microwave, lights, plus who knows what). I do also notice before the reset the monkey gets stuck at the bottom or midway. I can't reset it, the only way is to power off and wait a while before power on then the monkey will go back into its position

#41 28 days ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

just wanted to update everyone, been out of town the last week, the restart is still happening, but it's at all different times now, I can play for an hour or more with no problems at all then other times I can play for 10 minutes and it powers off. I am starting to think it's my power, maybe I should try a dedicated power source or a surge protector. The power I have it plugged into is also connected to a ton of other stuff in the house, (refrigerator, microwave, lights, plus who knows what). I do also notice before the reset the monkey gets stuck at the bottom or midway. I can't reset it, the only way is to power off and wait a while before power on then the monkey will go back into its position

Unplug and disable the monkey on the system menu and see if the resets still keep happening.

#42 28 days ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

Maybe try running an extension cord to an area where you don’t have so many appliances plugged in and see if you get the same results.

#43 28 days ago

I would sell it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 399.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 129.25
    Lighting - Led
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 110.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside