(Topic ID: 142204)

Help - would you actually buy a seriously cool pinball lamp?

By Outsidedge

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you (or someone you know) actually buy an awesome $200 pinball lamp?”

• Love it! This is on my list to buy in the next couple of months (or I'm going to ask someone else to buy it for me). 17 votes
    35%
  • These are way cool, but I don't have a place to put one, so I wouldn't be buying yet. 6 votes
    12%
  • These are pretty cool, but I don't want to spend $200 on a lamp, so I wouldn't be buying yet. 18 votes
    37%
  • I'm not really interested in this product at all. 8 votes
    16%

(Multiple choice - 49 votes by 48 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010547.jpg
P1010551.jpg
P1010545.jpg
IMG_20151110_144242374.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
DSC_0078.jpg
DSC_0123.jpg
DSC_0106.jpg
DSC_0072.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider outsidedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

A big thanks to everyone who came out to see the Outside Edge booth at the 2015 Chicago Pinball Expo! We had a great time meeting and talking to all of you. And, if you found one of our lampshades, coaster sets, or neon clocks that you just had to buy, we are so grateful for your help in making our launch such a big success and a ton of fun.

We sold most of our white speckle lampshades, and completely sold out of the black. If you haven’t seen them in person, check out the end of Croooow’s awesome Expo review!

We are making more shades right now to sell from our web site and at the Texas Festival in March. We are also hoping you can help us with something else...

We are looking at placing a significant order of actual lamps (not just the shades) to offer for purchase. There are two styles we are considering. One is the Silver Ball (shaped like a giant pinball!), and the other is the Black Tower (see attached pictures). The final prices will be dependent on the quantities we order, but we think we will be able to get the costs down low enough that we can sell them for around $200 each. That’s $200 for an awesome silver ball or black tower lamp base, PLUS your choice of white speckle or solid black shade, PLUS your choice of any four swappable inserts (and we have over 30 titles coming soon to add to our launch set of 24 titles).

Here’s the big question: Would you or someone you know be seriously interested in buying one of these exceptional lamps for $200 by next Spring? If we get enough positive responses we will go forward. If not, we might just keep our ridiculously cool prototypes for our own gameroom, and they will be the only ones that exist.

Please let us know, and thank you for your help!

The Outside Edge Team

www.pinballgifts.com
https://www.facebook.com/OutsideEdgeProducts
https://instagram.com/outsideedgeproducts/
https://twitter.com/pinballgifts

DSC_0072.jpgDSC_0072.jpg
DSC_0106.jpgDSC_0106.jpg
DSC_0123.jpgDSC_0123.jpg
DSC_0078.jpgDSC_0078.jpg

2 weeks later
#14 8 years ago

Hi All! Glad you like our shades... Yup... They can be ceiling mounted with a swag kit as mentioned. The price is $79.99 if you email us from www.pinballgifts.com ... we are opening (as we speak) an Etsy shop where they are a few bucks more due to the selling costs associated with Etsy. You get a shade in either white (splatter finish) or black and 4 lenses of your choice. Additional lenses are also available and swap out very easily.

We also have high quality coaster sets and neon clocks that are all title specific and licensed. We are adding 5 more titles this week to our choices that are listed... and more to come!

"Fathead style" wall art is going to be listed soon. We showed a few at Expo.

The coasters, clocks and lamp shades are just a start to add some additional cool factor to our game rooms. We have several more items underway now. We are pinball folks too, and have always noticed that not much (almost nothing) is available that utilize the "real deal" art used on the machines. We have been producing reproduction parts for years in the background, so we decided to use our experience to develop new and fun stuff for the enthusiast's game room. We negotiated our license with PPS and went to work! Gottlieb is soon to be announced as well.

We hope you all like what we doing! Remember to check back to our site as once a month or so we add more titles.. and eventually there will be completely new products debuted.

As for the "pinball lamp base" I had that prototyped offshore and we have to buy 100+ units to offer around a $200.00 - $220.00 price range (estimate) with a shade and lenses. They really are fantastic! However, we worried about ordering them to find out they do not sell well. We realize that is not an inexpensive purchase. To date, we have NOT ordered the bases to be manufactured. The feedback we have gotten is all positive, yet many say that they really have no area to display a table lamp in their game area. If we feel like we could sell 50 of them fairly quickly I would order them. Also, for those of you who got to see the prototype.. it is satin finish. The real deal would be POLISHED... like a real ball. To be clear... the shades and lenses are in stock though, for anyone to purchase and mate to a lamp of their voice... or hang as a chandelier.

Thank you all for your interest!

#17 8 years ago

Actually, emailing us from www.pinballgifts.com is the best at this point. Look forward to hearing from you!

#18 8 years ago

.. and yes, spinning has come up. Our design is not set up for that but who knows! We like that idea if we could make it work somehow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider outsidedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-would-you-actually-buy-a-seriously-cool-pinball-lamp?tu=outsidedge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.