• Latest reply 5 years ago by Steve_B
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Can someone please explain the motor symbol that is in the circuits on the schematic, and its switch positions. The footnote reads "motor switches number at side designates sequence of operation". This explanation might seem obvious but I can't follow it in the circuits. This is on a Williams Ten Strike but the same motor symbol appears on other Williams schematics. The Gottlieb schematics for the motor switches seem easier to understand.
Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

The 1958 Turf Champs schematic has sample motor switch diagrams that refer to where the switches are on the motor. The text "designates sequence of operation" means that the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 activate in that order. So the switch at the lower right of the pic I posted with a 1 activates before the switch with a 2. Does that answer your question?

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2670/Williams_1958_Turf_Champ_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

Thanks Howard.
Got it. The sequence was confusing but less so than trying to understand the other markings on the in-circuit motor picture, such as the cam identification.

The Ten Strike schematic that I have does not have the motor picture, or detailed motor switch position chart that your Turf Champs does. If it did the association between the motor position, its switches, and sequence would have been clearer.

This is the second Williams schematic that I have seen and neither was detailed with a motor diagram or switch chart as in your Turf Champs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-williams-schematic- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.