Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Grayman_EM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi Folks. I've been asked to provide a value on a '76 Gottlieb Ship Ahoy. Usually I can do a ballpark no problem. This one, however, is an original owner - home use only machine bought new in '76 by the family. Perfect glass and playfield. In fact, it looks and plays like brand new! I suggested it might be a something worth a homeowners insurance policy call out and the followup question was, of course, for how much? Not knowing, I turn to Pinside experience for this. Thanks in advance! -JK

#2 1 year ago

Greybeard there was a 1970's pin Top Score listed that was a one owner with only 4000 plays on it. The person was trying to sell it for $2,400.00. I am not sure if that was just made up or true to the great condition as it looked brand new. Hope this helps.

#3 1 year ago

$703 was the highest sold on Ebay from 2013 (Boston Pinball)
$550-$650 average (Pinside est.)

I'm going to say $1200 to the right collector - if you can find one. Or, perhaps auction it off and see where it goes.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Greybeard there was a 1970's pin listed that was a one owner with only 4000 plays on it. The person was trying to sell it for $3,300.00. I am not sure if that was just made up or true to the great condition as it looked brand new. Hope this helps.

Trying? Did they ever sell it and what did they actually get for it?

#4 1 year ago

a true HUO Ship Ahoy - and someone who is into EMs should be able to tell - would probably be worth $3,000 to the right person, or an easier sell at $2000. Or a real fast sell at $1500.

#5 1 year ago

Corrected my post it was a Top Score 4,000 plays for $2,400.00. Still for sale by the way.

#6 1 year ago

It's the real HUO deal. No coin slots on the door and original sales docs. It belongs to a friends mom and it's going nowhere soon as she is quite proud of it. I would hate for an insurance company tell her it's only worth 500 bucks in the event of, well, an event. Thanks for the help!

JK

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

a true HUO Ship Ahoy - and someone who is into EMs should be able to tell - would probably be worth $3,000 to the right person, or an easier sell at $2000. Or a real fast sell at $1500.

It would seem we need "someone who is into EMs" to get us a more accurate price range. $1500 to $3000 is quite a big spread.

#8 1 year ago

For insurance purposes I'd want 1500-2000 coverage for it. Selling it would be slow at even a low of 1200. Just the way the market is at the moment.
-Mike

#9 1 year ago

Cool game but I agree that price will probably not be real high, no one seems to be eagerly running up prices on collector EMs... If I owned it and someone offered me 2K I would probably sell fast but wish it was worth more. There may be a couple people who would pay a good bit more and if both were in the room it could sell for more....

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from wayout440:

It would seem we need "someone who is into EMs" to get us a more accurate price range. $1500 to $3000 is quite a big spread.

You ever try to buy or sell an EM pinball machine before?

At the top end there is indeed "quite a big spread."

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You ever try to buy or sell an EM pinball machine before?
At the top end there is indeed "quite a big spread."

That's why I asked the question if an EM guy could give a more accurate figure. Maybe two people fight over it and it's worth thousands, then again there might be nobody that wants it at all. Someone familiar with this particular title, it's desirability, etc. could narrow the range down - possibly. I admit, I don't know EMs well. Maybe this is a shit game that nobody really wants in any condition. Just because its HUO doesn't mean it commands the same price as any other HUO EM. Or, maybe a collector with the pulse on the EM community can firmly say "$2K is too low, I know some would pay double that"

#12 1 year ago

Many of the EMs that command higher pricing have desirable themes or challenging game play. Ship Ahoy lacks both. 1200-1500 for this particular huo game would be doing well.

#13 1 year ago

Had a certified HUO 1977 Gottlieb Mustang almost a decade ago. Didn't take much to clean it up. Sold it for $1300. Got that price more for the HUO aspect than the game play.

1 week later
#14 1 year ago

My buddy has a beautiful mint huo '74 Bally Ro Go he found of FB for $150 lol and we estimate it to be worth about $1,200.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

My buddy has a beautiful mint huo '74 Bally Ro Go he found of FB for $150 lol and we estimate it to be worth about $1,200.

LOL...LOL...LOL... Stop it you're killing me....(busting a gut)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 18.99
Playfield - Protection
PinShield
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
€ 279.00
$ 89.99
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 218.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside