(Topic ID: 296968)

Help with Tales from the Crypt!

By Pinball-DOOD

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

276E4AEE-674C-410A-8474-19915955DBAA (resized).jpeg
    8486B3E2-7077-4538-99AC-D3D0D48BC8CF (resized).jpeg
    A5AED355-A43A-49FD-A344-C233E0851E3A (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    533876A5-6524-459C-95E8-1B8025E538C9 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    03598D62-344E-4DEB-97F9-4C8EBAF82968 (resized).jpeg
    666C2D04-1C4E-4203-9BF8-B79F6E4F76E9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LOTR_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 2 years ago

A couple of things come to mind when reading this thread:
    1. Always download the manual from IPDB when doing any kind of work like this. Almost all are available for free except Gottlieb.
    2. Never assume that things are wired correctly, or even the correct parts are installed. Previous work done can be done incorrectly. I have seen this over and over.

2 weeks later
    #63 2 years ago

Those header pins look burned badly. But it also looks like the connector is on wrong. Looks like the empty pin next to the far right pin isn't lined up with the blank pin. That's why there should be a plastic key pin in that hole, to prevent plugging it in wrong. It looks like you could use a new board, or at least some professional repair work done.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Ah good call. But the CN11 connector I posted is on the MPU! Could you provide a link to where I can find this?

Ah, my mistake. I thought we were looking at the power driver board. MPU board is much pricier...

https://www.pinballlife.com/rottendog-data-east-mpu-board.html

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LOTR_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-tales-from-the-crypt?tu=LOTR_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.