(Topic ID: 236667)

Help with stripped screw hole in playfield...

By MoSeS_1592

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l300 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

I have a Bally Special Force and a Williams Black Knight, on each machine a few of the screw posts that screw directly into the playfield have stripped screw holes and therefore cannot be tightened. What is the proper way to repair this? I attached a picture of the type of screw post I'm referring to.

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

I break off a wooden match into the whole then screw the screw in.

#3 5 years ago

Stick a short piece of toothpick or wooden skewer and some Elmer's glue in the hole, then screw in the post

#4 5 years ago

Or if the backside is clear you can get a post that goes through the playfield and has a nut on the back.

If you plug the hole with wood be sure to glue it in. Screws like that are a common occurrence at my work and if they are not glued in they will not hold long.

#5 5 years ago

Piece of wood of your choice + glue of your choice + break/cut off + screw in

#6 5 years ago

What they said ^.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice!

#8 5 years ago

Tooth picks... glue... and what they said...

#9 5 years ago

I recently had a pop bumper mounting hole stripped on my Monte Carlo EM. I considered Travish 's recommendation but the nut would have interfered with the pop's center mechanism. I wood-filled the hole, drilled a new pilot hole, and was good to go.

Quoted from Travish:

Or if the backside is clear you can get a post that goes through the playfield and has a nut on the back

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I recently had a pop bumper mounting hole stripped on my Monte Carlo EM. I considered travish 's recommendation but the nut would have interfered with the pop's center mechanism. I wood-filled the hole, drilled a new pilot hole, and was good to go.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

Great suggestion - also make sure to use a heavy duty epoxy (like the wood stick stuff) for the filler if it’s a post that gets a lot of hits from the ball.

#11 5 years ago

Chop stick works great also.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Chop stick works great also.

That's what we use at work. Lady always looks at me funny everytime I go and get 4 or 5 sets of chopsticks then eat with a fork.

#13 5 years ago

I found that leaving the glue set-up overnight worked best.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-stripped-screw-hole-in-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.