20220106_081755 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220105-010228 (resized).png
Screenshot_20220105-004909~2 (resized).png
745FD507-5C8D-4C83-96A9-040196F41035 (resized).jpeg
B19AB5D2-E996-4BB8-8E83-779C6BB1849F (resized).jpeg
Spin Out ground wire (resized).jpg
1F1D873E-4487-48FA-ABBE-A8DA86949F15 (resized).jpeg
6B6E1AE8-727F-4DDB-B1C5-E7561E36B15B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Grefla:

I've repaired the cabined and got her up on legs. Definitely too great a pitch with the different sized legs - I'll have to get some new legs.
Now this is the first time I have worked on an EM so please do be patient with my stupidity.
I have plugged it in and turned it on, the back box lights up, and the tilt light is on, but nothing else happens. The playfield GI is not lit and nothing moves.
The power switch under the cabinet does nothing. I click it and the backbox stays lit up.
I've checked fuses and they all test good.
Any help on where to start is appreciated.

The correct leg size is 31in.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Grefla:

I thought it should, like SS pinball machines. So a little investigating and …..
I’m assuming the switch broke so rather than replace, the previous owner did this…
[quoted image]

That just bypasses the switch and directly connects the wires to the switch contacts. Check first that the switch is in fact broken (confirm with test light) If so and you wish to retain originality the switches appear on US ebay regularly or a local generic supplier.

#24 2 years ago

This is a pic of the credit unit on my Spin Out-not sure you can compare the wires with yours. The credit unit hack could have been an odd way to achieve free play but the logic of hacks including the severed wire on your jones plug often defies logic and can be very time consuming to correct. However EMs are very logic in operation so ultimately a fix/return to originality is always possible in my experience.

SOhd4 (resized).jpgSOhd4 (resized).jpg

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

It's great that game is trying to play, means things are in fairly decent shape.
I do recommend getting the schematic, Steve is an incredibly knowledgeable Gottlieb guy. I think he only takes checks or cash though, old school. It's really very difficult to work on these without a schematic.
http://www.pbresource.com/
Again, with the fact that the pin is an EM and has been idle, take your time and go through every contact. Look for coils where the paper has burned off and replace them such as the Game Over coil, it will also reduce the 60Hz hum that can be loud with old burnt coils.
The player unit in the back of the head should be gone through, the fingers and contacts on the disc and verify proper position.
Check the coil sleeves for cracking and cleanliness. And so on and so on....
For me, one of the most rewarding parts of getting an old EM is getting it running again. If you take the time now and go through everything and get it set up properly, it should run for years problem free.

Just to clarify Spin Out is a single player machine so no player unit just a ball count unit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-spinout?tu=wayner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.