Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

road-show-mouth-motors.png
motorbrd1b.jpg
242773c.jpg
034.JPG
2014-06-05 15.18.17.jpg
2014-06-05 15.18.01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from dbpbandit:

Yep, it's definitely the MCB causing the issue. I switched Red and Ted and sure enough, the problem moved from Red to Ted.
So, I checked it out and I can't seem to find anything wrong with it. However, I did resolder one if the coper coils (not sure of the actual name of these parts) because it looks like it had come lose and someone did a crappy job of repairing it. I also replaced the other resistor (I replaced the originally missing one prior to this) but now, Ted's mouth only opens and closes about half way. Red however is still the same, she wont close her mouth and keep it closed. So basically I went from bad to worse.... I don't have any matching caps but I'll pick some up and replace them next.
Does anyone work on these? Does anyone sell these? just asking, just in case.
Thanks.

When I got my machine it didn't have the issue but after playing the balls off it (pun intended), it shared the same issue. I even went to Rat Shack for new motors and adjusted Red's face and it helped a bit. Reflowing the solder on the board helped much better but I bought a new board for PSPA (they're still in stock) and Red's mouth moved normal/much quicker so glad I bit the bullet. I'm sure someone can get your board going again but I didn't want to be without the game for a few weeks. http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-19159.html

This board is also used in Corvette FWIW.

This was my post last year about mine: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-rs-dual-h-drive-motor-controller#post-1153813

#32 9 years ago

Kudo's to you for wanting to fix vs. replace. That's the most rewarding thing. Please update as you find the issues. Especially with the MCB. I still have mine that's 95% but would like to fix it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Boards
Slap Save Creations

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-roadshow-please?tu=dmacy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.