• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Breadfan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi guys,

I am working on a Dr. Dude. It's going well and has been a lot of fun so far.

The previous owner left the batteries in the holder and they leaked. I would like to replace the holder or move it to a new location as I've seen that many people do.

My question is probably pretty basic, but this isn't something I've done before: How is the battery holder held onto the circuit board? If I pull on it will it just pop off or is it soldered onto the board on the back in a way that I can't see (meaning I would have to take the board off to get to it)?

Thanks for any advice!

#2 11 years ago

Soldered on most likely - probably 6 big lugs, three on each end. Pull the board with the batteries and look at the back of the board in the battery holder area.

And while it is off, clean and repair any damage under it from the battery leak.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

easiest way is to just take a pair of cutters and clip the lugs, 3 top and 3 bottom of batteries. Then you can easily remove the feet from the solder joints. And like LTG said, clean well under the box while its off, itll be a while before you see under it again

#4 11 years ago

Cool, thanks guys. I got the board off and the battery holder unsoldered from the back. Thinking about taking that board off was a little daunting so I guess I was looking for away around that!

#5 11 years ago

I just changed mine in pinbot. I didn't unsolder the 6 connections, just clipped them off. & put the red wire on the + & black wire on the - the new holder is plastic so I just put some glue on the back & it holds it well.

#6 11 years ago

Get a romote battery holder. Don't put the batteries back on the board!!! Or near any other board!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 27.95
Boards
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-removing-a-battery-holder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.