IMAGE (6) (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
ball count unit switches (resized).png
20211031_170356 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMAGE (85) (resized).JPG
IMAGE (2) (resized).jpg
IMAGE (28) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalmanmiles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys, been having a lot of issues with my pro Football just going to list them out on here
1) Currently the right flipper(s) are dead but it still launches the ball still
2)When playing the game it skips a ball count so if I drain a ball on ball one instead of going to ball two it’ll go to ball three or ball four and it does it with each ball
3)Have to manually put games on it as it is set on free play but won’t give free games with scores or start regularly
4) the 1000 “points when lit bumper” keep turning off for long amounts of time which it didn’t start doing until recently
Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

If anyone can help with just one of these issues that would be great

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

On my Big Hit, which might be similar to Pro Football, when the ball is shot into the playfield, the ball return switch opens which de-energizes the “Q” relay and completes the circuit from the flipper switches to the flipper coils. If you can find that relay, check that it de-energizes when the ball shoots and also check the switches. Good luck.

Thanks I’ll give it a shot

1 week later
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from egg_sanwich:

In my (brief) experience working on these EMs so far, I find it usually best and advisable to pick one problem to focus on and go from there.
Here are a few quick thoughts since I've been working on a Pro Football recently as well.

The flippers are dead during game play as well? Try checking the Q relay, there is a normally closed switch that must be closed for the right flippers to fire. However the ball shooter coil does not require this closed switch, hence why it can still launch the ball.

Check the normally closed switch on the AB relay. Mine was not making solid contact so would sporadically do this as well. This switch must be closed for the P, O and ball count unit relays to fire, although poor contact seems to have caused it to fire twice in some instances.
Q relay also plays a role in the ball counting sequence, and it seems that a few other issues might be hinting towards this relay as well.

How are you manually adding games, via the coin chute switch? How is your free play set, by closing the switches on the credit reel? Can you elaborate on "not start regularly"? Might be worth investigating the startup sequence to see where you might be going wrong here.

This is normal, the pop bumpers are only lit occasionally during game play, and scoring the 1000 points will unlight them. I think it is on a kind of alternating relay that controls this.
Do you have the schematics for this game? Getting a copy of the schematics as well as instructions with the startup sequence listed has proven invaluable for me in troubleshooting my Pro Football, and easily worth the investment.
EDIT: rereading this a bit, it sounds like the Q relay is a great place to start.

Thanks for all of that, but before I can get into anything do you know where the Q relay is?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from egg_sanwich:

In my (brief) experience working on these EMs so far, I find it usually best and advisable to pick one problem to focus on and go from there.
Here are a few quick thoughts since I've been working on a Pro Football recently as well.

The flippers are dead during game play as well? Try checking the Q relay, there is a normally closed switch that must be closed for the right flippers to fire. However the ball shooter coil does not require this closed switch, hence why it can still launch the ball.

Check the normally closed switch on the AB relay. Mine was not making solid contact so would sporadically do this as well. This switch must be closed for the P, O and ball count unit relays to fire, although poor contact seems to have caused it to fire twice in some instances.
Q relay also plays a role in the ball counting sequence, and it seems that a few other issues might be hinting towards this relay as well.

How are you manually adding games, via the coin chute switch? How is your free play set, by closing the switches on the credit reel? Can you elaborate on "not start regularly"? Might be worth investigating the startup sequence to see where you might be going wrong here.

This is normal, the pop bumpers are only lit occasionally during game play, and scoring the 1000 points will unlight them. I think it is on a kind of alternating relay that controls this.
Do you have the schematics for this game? Getting a copy of the schematics as well as instructions with the startup sequence listed has proven invaluable for me in troubleshooting my Pro Football, and easily worth the investment.
EDIT: rereading this a bit, it sounds like the Q relay is a great place to start.

So we got the right flipper working as we messed with the Q Relay a bit. But now it will not launch and it still skips games. When I bought the game it was set on free play but now I have to put each game on from the coin door, what would I need to do next to get the ball launching?

1 week later
#9 4 years ago

anyone else have any ideas on how to go about this? Have cleaned just about every relay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalmanmiles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-pro-football-issues?tu=metalmanmiles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.