(Topic ID: 178236)

Help with popeye finding swee pea

By DanTheGlassMan

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Guys help! When im on the upper pf searching for swee pea all the optos work properly and move popeye through the maze. But when i make it to the x where swee pea should be i get the ding ding ding sound effect i that i should but dont get sp crawling across the dmd and dont get the 50 mil. Just the sound effect and popeye returns to the bottom of the maze. Wtf. This is driving me crazy cause i cant get to the save olive wizard mode without completing swee pea. Please help me!

#2 7 years ago

I'd go into Tests - Switch Edge, and trip each opto. Be sure the correct one reports on the DMD.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Just checked. Optos and exit switch all test proper

#4 7 years ago

Strange. Getting to the X on the map should be all you need to do and not have to hit another switch. And I don't know of a setting to turn it off for any reason. The only reason I can think of is your ROM version is too early (I think ROM version 3 and earlier does not have it you need 4 or 5)

But you don't need to rescue Swee Pea to get to the Wizard mode. You have to complete 4 tasks. Rescue all animals, Beat all 4 video modes, lock balls and play Bluto Multi-Ball and collect items and play Item MB. There is a map showing completion going to Olive tied up. I don't think you have to jackpot on the two multi-balls just get them started.

#5 7 years ago

Taxman you are right. Just noticed that you dont need sp to get it. Also while fooling with it it appears that i indeed do get the 50 mil. Just no animation for it. And my revision is la-1. So yea original. How do i upgrade to latest rom?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Taxman you are right. Just noticed that you dont need sp to get it. Also while fooling with it it appears that i indeed do get the 50 mil. Just no animation for it. And my revision is la-1. So yea original. How do i upgrade to latest rom?

You need a set of ROM chips. Contact John Dayhuff Dayhuff about buying a set of chips that he will burn for you. But you need to be comfortable pulling and inserting chips. Right slot, right direction and don't bend legs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-popeye-finding-swee-pea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.