8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by heatwave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Game_at_old_house.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Just picked up a 1967 Bally World Cup soccer game (manual on order from PBR). Wondered if anyone here has any experience with the game.

First question is about removing the glass!

It looks like it slides out like on most EM's, but wondered if there was any trick as to which way it slides out (e.g. Blue side vs. Red side), any trick to making sure the joystick mechanisms don't get messed up when you remove an end panel, etc.

Thanks in advance. I'm excited about this pickup. I remember playing this once a long time ago but cannot remember when / where. They only made about 900. Play is based on timer, adjusts from 1 1/2 minute to 5 minute game.

Game at old house.jpgGame at old house.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Turns out it can slide out either end. Simply have to unlatch and then remove the joystick mechanisms (which are attached to a board and came out nicely as one unit).

Glass is a little rough at the edges as the glass channel was very dirty, even rusty. However, rest of the glass looks pretty good.

#7 8 years ago

It is super fun. Basically like a cross between Foosball and a Super Chexx bubble hockey game. Here is a link to IPDB showing a few pictures.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=world+cup&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#3520

Game is up an running although I still need to triple thick the backglass and work on a couple of balky scoring lights. I'll post more pictures when I get it all set up.

A few players have broken (brittle 48+ year old plastic) but they glued together OK. At some point I will make some molds and resin cast new players (thinking I will use Argentina and Spain as my "blue" and "red" teams). Will remind me of painting my old models and army men as a kid!

Best part is my daughter loves playing it and I think it will be a huge hit at parties.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-playfield-glass?tu=heatwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.