(Topic ID: 216456)

Help with my Slugfest

By dirtbag66

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So I turned my Slugfest (1991) off the other night and it definitely didn't have it's normal "shut down" sound, so I immediately knew something was up. Waited a little bit, then when I went to turn it back on....nothing. No DMD, no lights...nothing. Only thing of note is the DMD sounds as if it is "ticking" a little bit. Almost as if the game WANTS to fire back up, but isn't getting enough power.

Could this be "just a fuse"? Any/all advice is greatly appreciated!

#2 5 years ago

Definitely check all the fuses.

#3 5 years ago

You probably have a low five volts. The ticking isn't actually the DMD, it's the boot sound that's normally there but you don't remember hearing because it normally only lasts for a second. Your game keeps rebooting because the watchdog senses the 5v are low and resets the game over and over. Kahr.us has a little dohicky that goes in your mpu plug and will fix this. Just type kahr.us into your address bar, and look for the WPC power fix daughterboard.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

You probably have a low five volts. The ticking isn't actually the DMD, it's the boot sound that's normally there but you don't remember hearing because it normally only lasts for a second. Your game keeps rebooting because the watchdog senses the 5v are low and resets the game over and over. Kahr.us has a little dohicky that goes in your mpu plug and will fix this. Just type kahr.us into your address bar, and look for the WPC power fix daughterboard.

I have about 20 of these in stock in the garage for when I need them. They fix these types of issues 99% of the time

#5 5 years ago

I've had them not work before several times, due to the machine having low 12v, or thermistor issues. But yes, they work the vast majority of the time.

#6 5 years ago

According to the manual, LED #5 should be "OFF". Mine is actually on when the game is on . What could this mean?

LED #5 is the "Flashlamp circuit", +20vdc

#7 5 years ago

It is supposed to be lit. If the coin door is opened with power applied, this LED will fade to off. It will not light with the coin door open. Measure the voltages on the power driver board.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#LEDs_and_test_points_on_WPC-089_Power.2FDriver_Boards

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Holy hell, it worked! Just got it today, installed it and now my Slugfest is up and running again.

Thanks a TON for steering me in the right direction!

#9 5 years ago

No problem. Glad to see it.

5 months later
#10 5 years ago

no pitch. all other functions seem ok connector to pitch motor doesnt fit very well have votage at pins but not at motor could it jus be the connector pin. diagnostic says error on all three pitches

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-my-slugfest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.