• Latest reply 4 years ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2522 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I have been working on my Gottlieb Totem that I picked up about a month ago and I have a couple of issues left that I have not been able to resolve.

The score displays for players 3 & 4 are missing the top segment. I have swapped the displays with player 1 & 2 and had the same issue so it is not the displays themselves. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?

This one just happened today. I now have 53 credits on the machine for some reason, I think it started at 65. I have the dip switches set to a max of 10 credits on the CPU board. I did remove the original battery today and installed a button cell battery and diode and that is when the credits appeared. Is there any way to clear the credits? I tried removing the button cell battery and unplugging the game for a while. When I put the battery back in and plugged it back in turned it on, the credit display was partially not working. I started a game the count went down. After a few games the display corrected but went to 9 credits, then a few games later it jumped up to 55 credits. I'm not sure what is going on.

IMG_2522 (resized).jpgIMG_2522 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

bump, anyone??

#3 4 years ago

Go into audits and reset everything. You have to press the button on the MPU board at each entry to clear it.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Go into audits and reset everything. You have to press the button on the MPU board at each entry to clear it.

I did that but it didn't clear the credits.

#5 4 years ago

The System 1 OS cant handle displaying more than 15 credits. If your CMOS RAM gets corrupted (bad/missing battery?) then the internal credit count gets set to a random value and might not display correctly. To fix, just keep starting 4 player games, then flick the front door slam switch to end game. Ignore credit display, it may show zero even if there are credits left if there are more than 15. Eventually, the real credits are all used and the start button no longer starts a new game. At this time, the credit display should show 0 and increase correctly if coin switch is operated.

1 week later
#6 4 years ago

Tuukka and woz thanks for the help. I was able to get the credits fixed! I did what both of you recommended. I first went to audits and cleared everything. Then did exactly what Tuukka recommended and it eventually cleared the credits out and is working as it should even after turning the machine off. Thanks again for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-my-gottlieb-totem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.