• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Animal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

201471952711_article-new-thumbnail-ehow-images-a01-v7-ci-see-proctologist-800x800 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So this is a two part question.
First, what do people think about Metallica Pro vs. Premium. I've seen a bunch of threads, but most of them were from 2013 when the games were first released. In there, I saw a lot of complaints about the hammer not functioning properly, but I've seen a few people say that it works fine now. Anything I should be concerned about, mechanically, about buying the MET premium? I'm still torn between the two, and the price for the Premium is quite a bit higher, but I like the idea of the features, even if I've never tried it myself. (I'm going to try to get out to Mortimer's in Minneapolis to play their MET LE before I make a decision).
The second is around delivery of the game. I chatted with Melissa at Cointaker and she said they can offer "white glove" delivery, but has anyone taken advantage of that and will they really know how to set the machine up, or will they just bring it to the basement for me? I only have one pin, and it was shipped with the legs on so I have no experience setting up a NIB and honestly, it's a little intimidating, so if I can spend a few bucks to streamline that process, I'm all for it. However I also read a horror story about someone's TBL pin, so...
Just want to hear some people's opinions on these two topics. Thanks!

Metallica is a game where you really can't go wrong with the Pro.. but of course the Premium is great too. You just have to decide if the extra $$ for a game is within your pain threshold - if it is, go for the Premium. I have a decently mod'd pro, and a close friend has a LE. I don't miss the LE features when playing my Pro, but I do like playing his LE. I think either is great. Get a colorDMD and the lightning rails. Really add to this game.

For setup, I think LTG already linked a video where someone goes through the unboxing experience. It's very easy. The hardest part is simply getting the game inside. Cointaker should be able to communicate clearly what their delievery includes... if only curb, inside, or what. That is something that first time buyers may be surprised by.

Depending on your entrance, you can get the delivery guy to help, but be aware it's almost at your own risk there. In my case, last time I paid the guy an extra $40 and he walked the game around my yard, and down by walk-out steps into the basement.

You will also hear about people saying to inspect the game before signing for it. My advice on that is go on what you see in the box. If it has holes, major dings, etc... certainly cut open the box and inspect before signing off. If the box and pallet look virgin... you should be good (not garunteed, but is a worthy balance IMO). White glove may be worth it only if for that piece of mind about shipping damage if you are really concerned.

Setting up the game is really a two person job as you need to hold the game up while attaching the rear legs.

Reasons for white glove:
- you don't have an appliance dolly yourself
- you don't have readily available second hand for lifting
- you don't have a plan/means to get the game into your basement yourself
- some piece of mind over detecting shipping damage

Reasons not for:
- save some $$
- someone who doesn't know what they are doing would foul it up (for this tho, Cointaker should back their delivery so I don't think its a real concern)
- you have the necessary moving tools already (or are looking to buy them anyways)

Unboxing your first NIB is a great experience for most buyers - don't sweat it. The excitement is noteworthy. Once the game is inside, really all you need is box cutters, 5/8th wrench/ratchet, 2 dudes, and some rags to clean the balls and wipe off any dust.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-metallica-nib-decision-and-white-glove-delivery?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.