• 22 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Lefman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160303_202846_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lefman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello, well falls coming and it's time to get my MAME cabinet running right. Here's what I'm looking to do-send my CP and computer to someone to have them do all the tweaking to it. I have everything needed. It does work but I've not gotten track ball and spinner to work. Plus a few other minor things. All the parts are from Ultimarc-joystick, spinner, ipac, etc. I'm not, at this point looking to do it myself!! I will definately pay you fairly for your time and pay all shipping!! Text or email is good..Tx! Greg
231-838-75six7
lefman@chartermidotnet

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Getting the Trackball and spinner working should be fairly easy. Make sure their enabled in the config file and set them up as controls through the tab menu.
Shipping to Canada would be ridiculous so I don't think that it would be feasible to send it to me. But I'll try to walk you through it if you do decide to tackle the project.

Tx LD, but right now, I'd rather have it done by someone with know how. Back in march, I was emailing with Andy from Ulimarc everyday but we just couldn't get it going. Then I got busy and now I have no interest in messing with it!! I'd rather it all be set up correctly. I'm also not opposed to shipping it up there, provided you were serious!!! I just want it done...

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

You could upload a working mame without the Roms to dropbox. Just need the version of mame you are using and the windows version you have.

Not sure what this means, but I want to send the control panel as well so the tech has all the parts needed to get this going right!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

OP
Slow down
Figure this out. It's easy.
MAME arcades are never done & they always need some attention from time to time.
If you don't learn how to do this now you're F'd when the inevitable occurs. These things are waaaaay easier than pins.

Tx but I messed with this for many hours back in the spring. As I stated, I want someone to get it properly setup, I can troubleshoot if/when something happens. I DO NOT want to mess with it at this point! (And sorry, I don't believe it's easy when it's something not in your wheelhouse..It's like a heart surgeon saying a surgery is easy--it may be to HIM!!)

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

In that case you should buy one NIB from a vendor IMO
Sorry if I sounded harsh. It's not you I'm mad at... its my cousin lol

No I hear you, I just want it set up proper to start, then I can handle/learn any hiccups...And I have been pretty involved in this, I completely built this cab this past winter.. Wired the entire CP, just got busy and tired of goofing with it. Unlike your cuz-I've got repair cash! LOL

Quoted from Grinder901:

I know it sounds crazy but put out a craigslist ad.
I had a nice Mame but was clueless on how to access all that it could do. I put out a craigslist ad and a great guy local to me responded who has been a huge help in helping me pimp out my mame. He has been involved with mames as a hobby on the side and has recently branched out and started his own business making table top two player MAME plug and play kits.
We upgraded my computer, sound card, graphics card, hooked up a 3 TB external hard drive, the newest version of Hyperspin, led buttons, configured usb controllers for each console system and a ton more.
He and I have become good friends. My wife and others think I was crazy to put out the ad but it was a great decision. He has taught me a bunch.
Good luck man

Any chance I can get his contact info? I can ship it to him.. Not many choices way up here! Tx!

20160303_202846_(resized).jpg20160303_202846_(resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago

Tx a ton! I've talked to him and he is going to take care of this for me! I AM STOKED!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lefman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-mame-system?tu=Lefman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.