Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
sg3.JPG
sg1.JPG
sg2.JPG
sgtl.JPG
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

So I am in the process of ordering all of the goodies I need to fully restore my new Stargate and I am stuck on the lighting replacement process. Usually I'd just go straight to Cointaker.com and pickup their full kit but I stumbled across another Stargate with a custom LED install that I REALLY love. I sent the photo over to Cointaker but they have been so busy and backed up that they haven't had the time to match the photo to a kit for me yet.

Sooooo, I was wondering if the Pinside community wouldn't mind helping me identify what LEDs the guy chose in the picture and match them to the ones sold on Cointaker's website. I emailed the guys who sold their machine too but havent received a response yet, here is the link http://www.careyscatering.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=78&idcategory=24

Thanks in advance Pinbrothers!

image.jpg sgtl.JPG sg2.JPG sg1.JPG sg3.JPG

#2 6 years ago

bump for night crew, any takers?

#3 6 years ago

I'd help, but I'm not a lighting expert. The game looks great!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I'd help, but I'm not a lighting expert. The game looks great!

I know! Thats not mine though, it was someone else's but I'd like to get mine lookin like theirs real bad!

#5 6 years ago

What I have done with mine is match the insert color with the same color led. All you have to decide is how bright you want it to be.

#6 6 years ago

I've never ordered a kit. I always go through what would look cool and write down all the bulbs, go online and place my order.

Keep some extras of each on hand to put in for testing.

#7 6 years ago

Yeah. Wow. I need to do mine up like that! That looks fantastic!

#8 6 years ago

oops, double post

#9 6 years ago

VERY NICE. In for the final result as I'd like to get a kit for a machine Im going to shop soon.

#10 6 years ago

That first picture looks great. I haven't gone full LED yet because other games keep taking my money, but I'll tell you some of what I did.

Make sure you get non-ghosting, or you'll wish you had.

Flashers
I put red flashers behind the eyes on the backglass.
Behind the pyramid, I put one blue and one orange. These flash constantly during the glider mode and the colors make a cool effect.
At Ra's bracelet, I used a red to match the explosion on the playfield.

Inserts
You should try a variety of colors behind some of them. For example, the cool whites look great inside the Stargate ring, but in other clear/white inserts it washes them out. I don't remember if the Shoot Again and Extra Ball inserts are the same color, but I think I tried both pink and purple to see which one I liked. I think the pyramid inserts looked best with a yellow or orange light.

GI
I had more or less the same idea shown in the picture above. Basically just borrowing the colors from the playfield in that area, and using that for the GI.

#11 6 years ago

Nemesis- Good find! This Stargate looks great. My name is Nate and I'm from NiftyLED.com. We're the "new kid" on the Pinball LED- block, so we don't have a kit for Stargate yet, but we would be more than happy to work with you to get your game looking like the one in the photos. If you want, we can talk to find out what your game needs and we can go from there. Please PM us if you are interested!

Thanks- Nate and Daniel

#12 6 years ago

Do we have to pay extra for LEDs that aren't going to ghost, or die within a week? Cuz that would be sweet.

#13 6 years ago

Darkslide632- Our prices are pretty reasonable (less expensive than most of our competitors) but the non-ghosting products do cost us a bit more, therefore the retail price would be a bit higher as well.

Please also remember that we're still building up our product-base and are trying to get all of the products that our customers are asking for. It's a bit of a process, but we're listening to everyone and appreciate your patience as we get all the products that you need/want.

Thanks for the post! Please let us know if you have any more questions!!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

but the non-ghosting products do cost us a bit more,

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#15 6 years ago

LOL at first this thread was a dud but it has picked up steam! The guys who shopped out this pin did a GREAT job with their LED selection... with that said there seems to be enough PMs to me from other Stargate owners that they want me to pursue trying to reproduce the particular kit in the first pic. Maybe you can send me out some various sample LEDs to me Nifty so I can try them out in my Stargate and take pictures and what not. One of whatever color in each style / variant of brightness etc. Once we figure out the most comparable arrangement NiftyLEDs can repro this kit for everyone! You dont need non ghosting in all the lamp positions do you? What say you?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Please also remember that we're still building up our product-base and are trying to get all of the products that our customers are asking for.

Remember when making kits to have a non clown puked version available

#17 6 years ago

Nemesis- no need for non-ghosting everywhere, just in the inserts since those are the ones that turn on and off. PM us with your info and we'll see how we can make this happen!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Nemesis- no need for non-ghosting everywhere, just in the inserts since those are the ones that turn on and off. PM us with your info and we'll see how we can make this happen!

I didn't find them on your site right off, but do you guys carry the non-ghosting?

#19 6 years ago

Contact info sent! Lets do this! No barriers... I know there are at least 3 other Stargate owners than myself that want this done

3 years later
#20 3 years ago

Did you ever figure out how to match that photo? It looks great!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Did you ever figure out how to match that photo? It looks great!

Wow back from the dead

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Wow back from the dead

Yup, looks like the answer wasn't posted, so was curious

#23 3 years ago

Gotta be domed lights or towers, looks like the light is spread well. The flush mount ones don't spread light onto the playfield at all, that's what is in mine and i plan to change away from.

I tried some #89 flashers tonight, 8 LED, ridiculously bright, so those are a no-go for the playfield, hurts your eyes!

1 week later
#24 3 years ago

I actually lit my Stargate according to the same picture. I bought LEDs from Comet pinball but I put many more strips in to give it some more color in the back. I also had posted how I used post lights as spotlights to get the pyramid and the guards lit up. Iif you send me a PM, I will try to send you a good picture tomorrow if you're interested.

#25 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#26 3 years ago

You can see the dark spot near the bottom that I'm going to light up like I did the top.

#27 3 years ago

Yeah the top by the pyramid is crazy bright... what did you use there?

#28 3 years ago

4 post lights placed where you cant see them directly when playing and I put an LED strip under the pyramid and under the gold flap that the glider craft comes out of.

#29 3 years ago

I'm holding my Sylvania color changing remote in those last pics. I replaced the rope light with that and illuminated the back box.

#30 3 years ago

Sorry to Jump in, but I have heard this weekend of more usage for post lights as spots.

If brightness is a concern, Matrix does have a plug in brightness adjustment attachment, so any single, or group of lights can be tweaked to ones personal taste.

One drawback from some on adding additional lighting to a game, has been "too bright" as stock 12V strips available
might only be, "just very bright"

Problem solved with Matrix.

#31 3 years ago

I want it to be visible to passing planes, so I'm set. I did buy a couple of adjusters last time though.

Art, I'm the guy you wrote today that put in an order too late for two more post lights.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from KnoxPins:

I want it to be visible to passing planes

Cool! Everyone has their own taste, and it works!

So sorry, I am home today, Spencer at the office must be working with you.....Thank you though for sharing with everyone, and your support!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spring, TX
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Hill, NJ
$ 42.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside