Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BorgDog
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

I prefer mine on 3-ball settings (with Extra Balls turned on), which as snyper alluded to, you simply skip the ball 2 and 4 requirements for getting 5x Bonus. Thus, for 3-ball settings:
Ball 1 bonus 5X= knock down 10
Ball 2 bonus 5X= knock down all Q's
Ball 3 bonus 5X= knock down all A's

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I love that you really can't collect an extra ball on a straight shot.gotta bounce it off the pops.Kyrinski knows his physics!!!!

Hmmmm, I disagree. To collect an EB, the lit standup target is indeed a straight shot from the left flipper. Granted, you can certainly get a lucky bounce of the pops to collect it, too.

Lighting it is a whole different issue:
(1) Spell A-B-C in one ball.
(2) Complete the Aces 5-bank of drop targets.

#11 8 years ago

My usual strategy: If EB's are turned on, then go for your Extra Ball! Either get the Aces or ABC.

For Aces bank: Keep flinging the ball around the Jack bank to get to the Aces bank. Plus, on 3-ball, pops are 1K/pop!

For ABC: From a cradle on the left flipper, you can shoot the ball to the right of the Jacks all the way to the top rail, which will often bounce over to the ABC lanes.

Avoid intentionally shooting the 10 and J's bank -- these are death shots.

Also, if you don't have the after-market Pascal board, get it! My wife & kids enjoy the feature of having a ball-save on JP -- which tends to serve up plenty of house balls. And setting the Special for 50K points is also a nice alternate strategy/points cash-in.

1 month later
#15 8 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Glad I found this thread, just confirmed what I've figured out in the week I've had my JP, my first pin. Mine has he Ni-Wumpf CPU board (as well as RottenDog power and driver boards), but it sounds like I have a lot of the same options. Currently running 5-ball, no ball save, with extra ball. Just wondering what kinds of scores you are getting on these? My current high with those settings is around 480k, and I admit I am very much a beginner at pinball, working on my ball control skills.

With those scores, I'd encourage you to change to 3-ball. Typically, the rule of thumb is 3 balls for solid state pins, and 5 balls for EM's.
But it's your pin, so set it how YOU want it.

My high scores on my JP are all 1MIL+ set on 3-ball with EB's enabled through gameplay (not from score thresholds). I also set Special to award 50K points instead of replays.

Enabling the Skill Shot also adds a nice nuance to the plunge to intentionally go for A or C, whichever is lit for the skill shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-joker-poker-ss?tu=Snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.