Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by angus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0195.jpg
    molex2.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I'm having problems across these connectors with a voltage drop. With the single wires I've been using trifurcon molex connectors. Not sure how to do that with the connector pictured.

molex2.jpgmolex2.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I would take one wire loop, solder the ends together and to a single wire, then stick the single wire in the Molex connector. Repeat four times.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

With daisy chain situations, I cut the wire, strip both ends, intertwine them a bit, and unite them with a drop of solder on the tip of the iron. Once cooled, I place them in the .156 trifurcon pin and squeeze away with my crimper. On a couple of occasions I have added another drop of solder to further unite the two wires with the pin. Be careful to use a minimal amount of solder so that the pin/wire combo doesn't become too thick to fit easily in the Molex housing. HTH.

-Steve

#4 10 years ago

Thanks to you both. I think I'll try to keep only one wire in the molex. I can do that easily enough with a little solder and cutting.

#5 10 years ago

I buy both the 14-18 and 22 ga pins. Two wires will fit easily in the 14-18 size and crimp nicely .

#6 10 years ago

Maybe vid could do a how to thread for this.? I would love to see this explained step by step with pics.

#7 10 years ago

Listen to LTG, pigtail w/shrink tube single wire in the pin.
    Bare wire in pin, no solder.

#8 10 years ago

The general idea minus the shrink tubing......

IMAG0195.jpgIMAG0195.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Angus, Clay has put together a lot of good info on connectors at:

http://www.pinrepair.com/connect/

Wally

#10 10 years ago

I prefer to double crimp as that is much quicker. I have crimp pins that are larger to fit two wires crimped at once. With the larger pins you can still make a good quality crimp.

#11 10 years ago

I had read through Clay's guide. He didn't show this type of connection. I did the reverse of cal50's picture. Looks good and seems to have solved the problem.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-idc-to-molex-method and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.