Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am loving my Avengers LE pin, but it looks like one of the targets (I THINK its the "H") is registering a hit when the ball might not be anywhere near the targets. Sometimes this happens as early as when I launch the start of a ball, thus I don't get the opportunity for a skill shot. Anyone have any suggestions/thoughts on how to fix? Thanks in advance for any tips. I'm a novice when it comes to repairing/fixing, so the more detailed the better. Thank you!!!

#2 11 years ago

anyone seeing this or just me?

#3 11 years ago

First make sure it's not just a vibration issue. Go into switch edge test and bang on the playfield and see if the switch indicates closed.

If that's ok, the we'll get into the switch matrix...

#4 11 years ago

Got your message.

There should be a test in diagnostics called switch test. It should have an 8 x 8 matrix showing if the switches are open or closed. So if you push the H, one of the indicators should come on. Play around with it, and use the manual, until you get the feel of it.

Then bang the table near the targets and see if the H switch indicates closed.

Also try pushing on the drop targets slightly. Not enough to make them drop, but enough to see if you get false switch indications.

Also visually make sure the drop targets are being full reset (pushed back up). I know there are some issues with that problem.

I know markmon has dealt with some of these issues, so hopefully he'll jump in here.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Also visually make sure the drop targets are being full reset (pushed back up). I know there are some issues with that problem.

Do you hear it trying to push the targets back up? Mine had an issue where it was clicking 3x instead of 1x pushing them back up. I fiddled around with it but didn't find anything & just when I was about to call Stern it stopped doing it..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-hulk-drop-target-ghostmisfires-on-avengers-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.