4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
FullSizeRender_1_3.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender_3.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I am in the process of getting a Hardbody and I wanted to know what I should offer for the machine I'm considering. It's in decent shape -the cabinent is in great condition. The playfield has one major scratch on the upper right scoop shot on one of those water spludge things and a few minor scratches, including one near the bottom right flipper on the orange. It's generally dirty, needs some rubbers but I didn't see too many other blemishes. The displays work fine as well. I believe it plays correctly and the sound is working fine...

The major problem I saw was that the left ramp had some repair done at some point (I saw tape, not sure how bad it actually is) and that the Flex Save didn't work at all. I didn't have the opportunity to inspect it in detail and only have the following pics.

Any idea's what I should ballpark an offer for the machine?
1.jpg1.jpg2.jpg2.jpg3.jpg3.jpg4.jpg4.jpg5.jpg5.jpgFullSizeRender (3).jpgFullSizeRender (3).jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_1 (3).jpgFullSizeRender_1 (3).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Last of pics:

FullSizeRender_3 (3).jpgFullSizeRender_3 (3).jpgFullSizeRender_3 (4).jpgFullSizeRender_3 (4).jpgFullSizeRender_3.jpgFullSizeRender_3.jpgFullSizeRender_4 (2).jpgFullSizeRender_4 (2).jpgFullSizeRender_4 (3).jpgFullSizeRender_4 (3).jpgFullSizeRender_4.jpgFullSizeRender_4.jpgFullSizeRender_8.jpgFullSizeRender_8.jpgFullSizeRender_2 (3).jpgFullSizeRender_2 (3).jpg

#3 8 years ago

Nothing. Run, don't walk. You will have a hard time unloading it after the nightmares from the backglass finally become too much.

Just my opinion. Oh man that game has always creeped me out.

#4 8 years ago

400-500? Idk. Looks like only one bad wear spot, and if it all pretty much works, I think that's reasonable. I would only pay up to 600 for a nice one so....

#5 8 years ago

I payed $300 for a very similar one but it had a couple more issues than that one

Andrew

#6 8 years ago

$300 sounds about right. I wouldn't go any higher than that unless it's a title you really want. You probably will struggle to get $600 back for it after shopping it.

From what I've observed, it's a hard pin to get rid of. Any risque pin seems to be, for that matter, since the pool of potential buyers isn't as large for those kinds of pins.

#7 8 years ago

Either way tell that guy to put a new shooter tip on his shooter rod or the playfield is only gonna get worse.

#8 8 years ago

Now that's some classic 80s cheese, gnarley dude! It has some interesting twists to the gameplay.

#9 8 years ago

I'm ashamed to admit it but I really like this game. I'd probably overpay if it came my way. Not really into body building chicks so that doesn't explain my interest. Maybe it's the flex-save feature...

#10 8 years ago

500+. It's a heavy one.

#11 8 years ago

There's no amount of money too much! Do whatever you can to score this gem. Hardbody!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-hardbody-purchase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.