(Topic ID: 51270)

Help with goldeneye magnet issue - SOLVED

By WannaTheater

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So I have a Goldeneye that behaves most of the time. My issue is that the magnets will occasionally not work. I have reflowed all connector pins on the magnet board, tested all input voltages, etc. From a board connection standpoint, everything seems fine. But then sometimes both magnets will not turn on during the game (or in test). But then after messing with the board (taking it out, reflow some more connections, etc), I put it back in the game and it will start working again! Then a month later, I need to go through the entire process again. Sometimes it will start working, sometimes it will not.

Here is another oddity- when the magnet board has decided to NOT function, when I get to ball 3 during normal game play, the game automatically thinks that the satellite has been armed, and a ball is sticking in it. It automatically enters satellite multiball! (The 3rd ball which should be waiting in the shooter lane to get plunged automatically gets fired, then all of the other balls do as well)

Any ideas?

#2 10 years ago

Magnet board rom maybe?

#3 10 years ago

That is what I was thinking- but I always assumed ROMs either worked or they didn't. I also thought about the crystal clocking the rom. But I don't have an oscilloscope to check it out.

I will probably end up buying a new ROM just to rule it out.

#4 10 years ago

New ROM is on its way. I will update if it changes anything.

1 week later
#5 10 years ago

New magnet board ROM fixed the issue. Finally I can put this one to rest. At least for now

4 years later
#7 6 years ago

Hey, I researched this as i am having the same problem. when you activate both locks and the satellite ramp lights up, you need to 'make' the satellite shot to begin satellite multiball. but my game will activate the multiball whether i hit the satellite magnet or not. I go into settings and see that the satellite home switch is open.
I will try this rom chip and see if it fixes my issue as well. I will update the results also.

4 months later
#8 5 years ago

well... updating the chips did not correct the issue. time to keep looking

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-goldeneye-magnet-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.