• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by PinRetail
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

Hi!

Me and a friend own a Goldeneye 007 machine, and we have noticed that the machine won't save settings in Service Menu, and won't recognize what country the dip-switches are set to.

Service Menu example:
I go into Service Menu, Set Free Play to ON, Save the settings and go out of the Service Menu, but then it doesn't saved the settings.
It's like it restarts the settings everytime.

I have checked the batteries and battery holder. Everything is intact. So now i don't know what else it can be.

Hope someone may know what the problem is!

#2 11 months ago

Grab a meter and see if battery power is getting onto the board. Could be a bad battery holder.

LTG : )

2 weeks later
#3 11 months ago

This is a very easy pinball to just bypass the battery issue altogether and put a NVRAM in.

I buy them here:

https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

But you may have prior battery acid (alkaline) damage that is just now creeping into the traces that run to the Ram chip.

I'm with LTG, it's easy to test the battery voltage (they give you a VBATT test point!).

But if anything lower than the battery holder has solder connections that look grey, have fuzzy white powder on them, grey green, or discolored (darker) green conformal coating (sometimes in a spatter pattern) you have a board that had previous battery acid (alkaline) problems, and you may need to get your board fixed.

I'd check to see if you are getting voltage from the battery holder, if not, I'd examine the board carefully for battery acid/alkaline, and then just put in a NVRAM if the board isn't compromised.

Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-goldeneye-007-service-menu-settings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.