3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by YoJoeNCSU
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Had this game for about a year with minimal issues. During mid game yesterday, I entered one of the modes (I think it was video wrestling??) and then the flippers just stopped working and ball drained. Game kept going as if it was working, but a new ball out to launch, but the TAG button would launch the ball. It just made the bell ring and activated light show. Flippers don't work at all anymore, but when you press the right one it rings the bell, lights go off, and it awards 100K points.

I powered down the the machine, and it still does the same thing after cycling power. Dead flippers, dead TAG button (light flashes on it), and the flipper gives 100K when pushed.

Any ideas? Here is a crappy video trying to show what is going on:

#2 3 years ago

Is the coin door closed? Do the coils work In test?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is the coin door closed? Do the coils work In test?

Thanks chuckwurt for the ideas! Yes, coin door was closed. I just ran diagnostics and these are the three coils that didn't work during the test. They were all working fine prior to this:

1) Auto Launch 50V
    2) VUK
    3) Scoop

Glad you mentioned the door closure though....for a minute I couldn't figure out why any of the coils wouldn't work when I was testing it...then realized I had the door open at first. doh!

#4 3 years ago

I would read the manual and see if a fuse operates those coils and those only. Then I would get a meter and see if they are getting power.

#5 3 years ago

Found the fuse that went to those coils, and it had blown. Switched it out, and seems to be back in good shape now. I'll keep an eye on it and if it blows again I guess I'll know I have a bigger issue. Thanks for the advice @chuckwurt!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-flippers-ball-launch-on-de-wwf-royal-rumble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.