(Topic ID: 112640)

Help with flipper rebuild w/ no base plate (Gorgar)

By resipsa

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by resipsa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141216_133807.jpg
20141216_133749.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Not sure how common this is with the early SS pins, but Gorgar apparently does not use a base plate for mounting the flippers and the bushing screws directly into the playfield. Seems like a stupid question, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get these screws out in order to replace the bushings. As you can see in the picture, the head of the screw is completely flat with no slot. I can get the nuts off, but the screws aren't going anywhere. On the other flipper one of these screws is actually broken, so the head is still in there and nothing else. I have to figure out how to get that broken screw out with the least damage and what I should use to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20141216_133749.jpg20141216_133749.jpg 20141216_133807.jpg20141216_133807.jpg
#2 9 years ago

I should clarify, I took the pictures of the working one....I'll be able to take the bushing off after removing the nuts, but the issue is the other flipper with the busted screw. how do I get half the screw out without causing a ton of damage?

#3 9 years ago

You don't need to remove these screws to replace the bushings. They are held in the playfield with anchor 'fins' near the head. You remove the nuts and the bushing pulls out from the bottom.

On the one that's broken, use a thin #6 machine screw (or similar) and put the threaded end on the end of the flipper bushing screw that's broke off. Tap with a hammer to push the flipper screw up and out. You'll need a new screw but I'm almost positive those are the same screws that are used to hold pop bumper brackets. They come finned and spiral.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=240

#4 9 years ago

To remove them you tap from the bottom with a pin punch and hammer. Pinball life has both types of screws to chose from (Fin and Twist) for .60 cents. There called pop bumper bracket mounting screws.

#5 9 years ago

yup, those look like the screws I need. Thanks. Much easier to get it out than I expected, guess I didn't realize how that screw was shaped and thought it was threaded into the wood. Anyway thanks for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-flipper-rebuild-w-no-base-plate-gorgar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.