5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Guzz4851
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guzz4851.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

The game in question is a 1983 Bally Grand Slam. When I got it, it worked 100%. It needed a deep cleaning so I disconnected cables from backbox and pulled the playfield out of the cabinet. I tore it down and cleaned everything. When I put it back together and fired it up, I discovered the machine now has some issues.

The flippers go dead after flipping twice. All other coils work. When all 3 balls drain, and the start button is pressed again, they flippers work for a few flips and then are completely dead.
    I did hear like clicking on the solenoid board afterward when the Flipper buttons were pressed.

I measure voltage at power board in bottom of game. 43.5 volts. I measured volts at Flipper coils even after they stop working, 43.5 volts. So the flippers are getting power I think just not working. I reflowed solder on J5 and J6 pins that control Flipper switches.

Right now the game is unplayable. I did use pinwiki and flipperwiki for some help but the issue I’m experiencing isn’t listed there.
    Anyone have any further suggestions?
    Again the game was functional 100%. All I did was take playfield out and clean it. I took pictures and plugged everything back in correctly.

Thanks

#3 5 years ago

Dennie. Thanks for chiming in....
    No I have not. I just reflowed solder on the back of board. I think the two plugs in question that drive the solenoids are .156.
    Thanks again.
    Any other ideas please chime in...I’d like to make this playable again!

#4 5 years ago

Re pinned the connector J6 (the one with the Flipper buttons). Brought them back to life for one ball...now flippers are still dead. I observed a white/blue flash coming from the relay on the board...not sure if that means it’s bad or working. Every once in awhile I hear like a clicking noise like something is trying to kick on or work.
    Powered the game down and back on...dead flippers.
    Seems as if since the game sat for awhile not powers on it had Flipper life for a short time.
    Once again I tested voltage and both coils are getting 43.7 volts. The flippers are energized.
    Any other ideas?

#6 5 years ago

Thanks for the information.
    This game has the combo lamp/soldenoid board.
    I will investigate the relay too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guzz4851.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-flipper-issue?tu=guzz4851 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.