(Topic ID: 210909)

Help with fixing a clearcoat bubble/chip

By kojak234

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7106 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

When cleaning my machine recently I noticed that there was a slight chip / bubble in the clearcoat on the edge of the outhole. It's under the apron, so it doesn't have to be perfect. I just don't want it to get any worse.

I'm a complete novice at this type of playfield work. So any help is appreciated

Would I need to cut everything that looks like it's lifted out, and then fill in the space with clearcoat? Or do I try to inject something underneath to basically glue it back down, and then touch up the edge.

The photo is not the best, but it's what I have on my phone at the moment. I can take a better one later if needed

IMG_7106 (resized).JPGIMG_7106 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Which game is this?

#3 6 years ago

Put Mylar and Cliffy protector on it.

#4 6 years ago

Common issue with modern Sterns. Cliffy makes a protector to cover this and prevent further damage.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Common issue with modern Sterns. Cliffy makes a protector to cover this and prevent further damage.

Cool. Didn't know this as I don't see it on his site (I'm sure I'm missing it somewhere). Do you know what the cost is?

#6 6 years ago

Just email him that you want the Stern outhole drain protector. I paid $13 plus shipping a year ago.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-fixing-a-clearcoat-bubblechip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.