Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by HoakyPoaky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230129-194519 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20230129-195046 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20230129-195034 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20230129-195018 (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Good evening again, I'm in negotiations for this big brave. can I get help with these pictures I received. I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the plugged in photo are those shadows from the person taking a picture?

Screenshot_20230129-194519 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230129-194519 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230129-195018 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230129-195018 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230129-195034 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230129-195034 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230129-195046 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230129-195046 (resized).png
    #2 1 year ago

Where is the playfield glass? The playfield is beat.

#3 1 year ago

Picture is just taken in poor lighting and the shadows are from the posts that the bulbs in the playfield are behind. I’d be more concerned about none of the drop targets being up in any of the pictures. They should reset at the start of a game. You really need to see this game in person to confirm that it is functioning correctly. Plugged with some lights on isn’t enough to ensure you are looking at a working game. If you can’t go look at this game in person to inspect it before buying, do not buy it.

#4 1 year ago

Did someone scratch their initials into the playfield on the mid-right side? Or is that a reflection? Or scratched into the playfield glass? The image quality is so poor I can't really tell.

FYI, you can save and re-upload the original photos, rather than taking a screenshot. That will result in a better image that is larger and not highly compressed.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

You really need to see this game in person to confirm that it is functioning correctly. Plugged with some lights on isn’t enough to ensure you are looking at a working game. If you can’t go look at this game in person to inspect it before buying, do not buy it.

Yep, the best way to look at a game is to inspect it in person.

#5 1 year ago

For sure I would like to personally inspect. In this case that's not feasible. If anyone knows somebody in the 46040 zip ouside Indianapolis, that would be willing to check it out for a reasonable fee that would be fantastic.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from dustedtreehouse:

For sure I would like to personally inspect. In this case that's not feasible. If anyone knows somebody in the 46040 zip ouside Indianapolis, that would be willing to check it out for a reasonable fee that would be fantastic.

A lot of work for a $550 game

#8 1 year ago

Remote purchases are tricky/risky. Lots of scammers these days.

I'd recommend reviewing these threads if you haven't seen them already:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/

#9 1 year ago

It is a bargain @ 550 but you are going to pay more to ship it than to buy it.
    STI is currently about $650 to ship cross country.
    Is it worth 1200 + the risk, prob not.

Start networking in Portland lots of pinball there and within a reasonable drive to inspect and pickup.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Picture is just taken in poor lighting and the shadows are from the posts that the bulbs in the playfield are behind. I’d be more concerned about none of the drop targets being up in any of the pictures. They should reset at the start of a game. You really need to see this game in person to confirm that it is functioning correctly. Plugged with some lights on isn’t enough to ensure you are looking at a working game. If you can’t go look at this game in person to inspect it before buying, do not buy it.

Backglass is flaky too.

#11 1 year ago

If you were local I'd tell you to go check it out. But for a long distance trade, at $1200 this is pretty risky.

#12 1 year ago

I don’t know my EMs so I’m not sure how hard this game is to find. But I suspect you can find one in better condition if you’re patient. The Pf looks rough.

#13 1 year ago

The seller knows way too much about shopping a game yet sends terrible pics. I wouldn’t trust it. Move on.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

It is a bargain @ 550 but you are going to pay more to ship it than to buy it.
    STI is currently about $650 to ship cross country.
    Is it worth 1200 + the risk, prob not.
    Start networking in Portland lots of pinball there and within a reasonable drive to inspect and pickup.

Thats kinda my thought. I think the price is fine, but now you're gonna pay all this money to ship it and suddenly the price isn't that fine and you're in the territory of many other games at that price range. Is there really no games more local to you OP?

#15 1 year ago

Looks like a POS. I would recommend that you look up the owners of the game on pinside and just contact the one's that are in your area.

#16 1 year ago

$550 seems like a deal for a working game these days. Especially if shopped. Seems like a worthwhile purchase if local and you just want a reliable game to play. Not everything has to be collector quality. With that said, I wouldn't think this game would worth shipping/ traveling cross country for. Primarily because of the playfield condition.

Edit: Is it really $650 to ship one game these days? I remember when $450 for two seemed like more than I wanted to pay. Ugh.

#17 1 year ago

The playfield is shot, the backglass is shot. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Doesn't matter. Condition is everything in my opinion and also for later resale. I would absolutely pass. There's lots of games around in much better shape for that price.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Is it really $650 to ship one game these days? I remember when $450 for two seemed like more than I wanted to pay. Ugh.

Yes it is. I paid 629 from CA to ATL a couple of months back.

Quoted from sbmania:

There's lots of games around in much better shape for that price.

Maybe in Pottstown so you are very lucky.

$500 is good price for a project EM around here - meaning no worky. Haven't seen a working machine for under a grand since covid hit.

If you have any, I'd be happy to drive there and pick a couple up. I expect the pf and bg to be good. Have you bought a machine lately?

#19 1 year ago

Yet another scammer, asked them to do a live video chat and show the machine working. Then the excuses started pouring in. The search continues! Thanks for all the help.

#20 1 year ago

Ask why she only disassembled and cleaned 16 of the 20 score reels.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Ask why she only disassembled and cleaned 16 of the 20 score reels.

4 of those are dummy reels. Would have been a bigger red flag if they had said 20.

#22 1 year ago

I think there would be added value since titles like these are not looked at kindly today and are reserved to history like cigar store Indians, Cleveland Indians, Washington Redskins...

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That game is a bargain for $550.

Talking prices again?

#24 1 year ago

Apologies.... I see you were seeking evaluation, not valuation.

#25 1 year ago

Yet another scammer, asked them to do a live video chat and show the machine working. Then the excuses started pouring in. The search continues! Thanks for all the help.

Don’t have any game shipped. Be patient and find time to go see one in person.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

4 of those are dummy reels. Would have been a bigger red flag if they had said 20.

it was a trick question! Like asking for the timing on a 64 corvette with a 350 big
    Block.

#27 1 year ago

Start a “wanted “ add here on pinside. In the add mention how far from your location you will travel to get one. Look specifically for one close enough to you that you can pick it up.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Talking prices again?

I’ll pay you $20 if you give up on this moronic angle. That’s a fair price!

I wouldn’t think there’s anybody here stupid enough to not know the difference between a price check thread and a price bubble thread…but here we are!

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Start a “wanted “ add here on pinside. In the add mention how far from your location you will travel to get one. Look specifically for one close enough to you that you can pick it up.

Be warned that wanted ads can also attract scammers.

Best bet, scour Pinside regional FS threads and the members that post in them. For your first game, buy from someone that is reputable either by local pinheads or local pinsiders, inspect in-person and pay with cash upon pickup. A small deposit via PayPal or similar is usually ok to hold a game, but again, make sure the person is reputable. Rest in cash upon pickup.

Facebook and Craigslist is also fine, but with the only caveat that you inspect in person and pay with cash upon pickup. That's really the only foolproof way of not being parted with your cash and nothing to show for it.

Most importantly, be patient. You'll find something that's of interest and in your budget if you're checking often enough. You'll have to act fast.

Good luck

#30 1 year ago

That's my zip code. Let me know if you're still looking for help, seems like you've moved on though.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mravic:

That's my zip code. Let me know if you're still looking for help, seems like you've moved on though.

It was a scam, thanks for the offer much appreciated!

#32 1 year ago

It was a scam, thanks for the offer much appreciated!

Really? It seems interesting that they would post a cosmetically challenged game that (mostly) only appeals to local buyers on a budget. Not the craftiest scam but I guess anything is possible?

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Really? It seems interesting that they would post a cosmetically challenged game that (mostly) only appeals to local buyers on a budget. Not the craftiest scam but I guess anything is possible?

Think about it, it seems more legit than some of the more pricy or rare games. It’d be an easy $550 for a scammer. Prolly a lot less effort put into it.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Think about it, it seems more legit than some of the more pricy or rare games. It’d be an easy $550 for a scammer. Prolly a lot less effort put into it.

Maybe? I guess unless your going to get jumped at the pickup I don't see the scam potential. It's not a tempting enough deal to incite a bunch of interest. Most people aren't going to ship this type of game or put a deposit down. So no online payments to run off with. Just feels weird to me. Like I said though there is always a possibility with anything these days.

I'd be interested to know how it was determined to be a scam? Where is this thing listed?

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

THIS^^^^

You live in Oregon bud! There's ton of games available in the PNW. Great community up there, network using the PNW & West Coast FB groups. Find something close, inspect yourself, cash on the glass & save yourself all the potential headaches. You'll find the right game eventually.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-evaluation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.