buster shock (resized).png
emergency-meeting-among-us.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
zz_Lordmark (resized).png
A61A3FD9-2EC0-46EC-B029-7FFD3CECAF93 (resized).jpeg
demaBubblebath.gif
content (resized).png
14A26EEF-B0B6-4685-B032-76FAF53F4F98 (resized).jpeg
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 1 year ago

It's late and I need some help so please forgive my brevity. I'm house sitting at a friend's place and was playing his new(ish) Stranger Things game, some sticky oil or sauce or some other liquid debris got on the playfield. I only started to notice when the ball was hanging up in one spot and when I investigated, there was some kind of sticky substance all over a significant part of the right playfield. It sticks to the touch and in some places there's active dark goo.

Is this a known problem with oil leaking from some mechanism or something? I think it's the Premium version if that helps.

I tried removing it with some napkins, but it hasn't worked. Is it safe to use dish soap and water?

I'm looking for some quick advice because my friend and his gf get home tomorrow and I need to get this cleaned up before they get back (or conversely, be able to point to a known defect with these models to explain).

#2 1 year ago

Don’t ever use water on a playfield. Maybe rubbing alcohol.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Don’t ever use water on a playfield. Maybe rubbing alcohol.

Used some water and lysol wipes already and it only seemed to spread the problem around further. I don't think it's sauce or food as that would have come off the top with the water/lysol.* Wondering if I should use dish soap instead.

*(Edit: this is why I think it's getting likely this is a mechanical issue with the machine itself rather than person made.)

#4 1 year ago

There are no liquids in the mechs....just use a paper towel to wipe whatever up as best you can. Do not use water. Whatever is on the play field was put there by someone, and they made a mistake.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

There are no liquids in the mechs....just use a paper towel to wipe whatever up as best you can. Do not use water. Whatever is on the play field was put there by someone, and they made a mistake.

I think the problem is now that I used a bit too much lysol mixture and the machine smells like an air freshener + still has the grease texture. I think I am going to have to at least rinse it down a bit so that the lysol smell gets washed away.

#6 1 year ago

Oh no! Pinlord Marque is in another pin-jam! And Mr. Furley has a tire iron and he’s ready to use it if there’s any Horsey sauce on his playfield. This could be a two-parter.

14A26EEF-B0B6-4685-B032-76FAF53F4F98 (resized).jpeg14A26EEF-B0B6-4685-B032-76FAF53F4F98 (resized).jpeg
#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Oh no! Pinlord Marque is in another pin-jam! And Mr. Furley has a tire iron and he’s ready to use it if there’s any Horsey sauce on his playfield. This could be a two-parter.[quoted image]

Seriously. On a hobby forum packed full of weirdos of the highest order, this clown is trying to troll? Bruh, it's trolls all the way down and it has been for years.

#8 1 year ago

Pictures??

#9 1 year ago

Someone must have put a soda can on it…

Pinlordmarc:

“During the lunch break my friend and I are playing on one of the machines casually and in comes Trevor to interrupt our game. He tells me (not asks, tells) to move my sprite off the glass and makes a big show of wiping up a bit of condensation or something where the can was.”

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poorly-run-tournament-experiences/page/1

#10 1 year ago
content (resized).pngcontent (resized).png
#11 1 year ago

How's the machine at the comic/game shop doing?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

It's late and I need some help so please forgive my brevity. I'm house sitting at a friend's place and was playing his new(ish) Stranger Things game, some sticky oil or sauce or some other liquid debris got on the playfield. I only started to notice when the ball was hanging up in one spot and when I investigated, there was some kind of sticky substance all over a significant part of the right playfield. It sticks to the touch and in some places there's active dark goo.

Is this a known problem with oil leaking from some mechanism or something? I think it's the Premium version if that helps.

I tried removing it with some napkins, but it hasn't worked. Is it safe to use dish soap and water?

This is a known issue with the blinker fluid from the flashers leaking onto the playfield.
You really need to neutralize the area with mayonnaise (Miracle Whip will work in a pinch) and then clean the area with hot sauce and steel wool.
A good final clean with Novus 12 and you should be fine.
You will need to check and refill the blinker fluid though.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Someone must have put a soda can on it…
Pinlordmarc:
“During the lunch break my friend and I are playing on one of the machines casually and in comes Trevor to interrupt our game. He tells me (not asks, tells) to move my sprite off the glass and makes a big show of wiping up a bit of condensation or something where the can was.”
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poorly-run-tournament-experiences/page/1

I had completely missed that thread. What an amazing 2 minute read

#14 1 year ago

Don’t keep me in suspense. What happened? Did you manage to clean up the bucket of sweet n sour sauce you spilled on your friend’s pinball machine? Did the Lysol smell come up? Did you use bleach?

#15 1 year ago

The demogorgon in your buddy's game after using water and lysol to clean the playfield.

demaBubblebath.gifdemaBubblebath.gif
#16 1 year ago

Special K at it again. He's a transparent as a soap bubble.

#17 1 year ago

Wow what a great place. Thanks for all the advice, it was really helpful.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

The demogorgon in your buddy's game after using water and lysol to clean the playfield.
[quoted image]

Probably the end of of a friendship btw and i don't even think it's my fault, but im glad you think it's so funny. Laugh away.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

Probably the end of of a friendship btw and i don't even think it's my fault, but im glad you think it's so funny. Laugh away.

You're an asshole, deal with it.

#20 1 year ago

So, you were playing your friends Stranger Things when suddenly some mystery part you can't locate or take picture from, started oozing oil all over the playfield. Only after that did you remove playfield glass and ask for emergency help in Pinside forum. And when you were told not to use water, you poured water and Lysol on playfield and got it smelling like air freshener.

Some trolls are fun, some overdo it.

1 week later
#22 1 year ago

Did the oil have a distinctive flavor?

#23 1 year ago

Garlic? Maybe with a hint of rosemary, I hope?

#24 1 year ago

Need more pictures

#25 1 year ago

So I ended up getting in a bit of trouble, which has carried over into this week. Most of the substance--whatever it was--did end up coming off with some effort, but when my friend got back from their trip, I told them about what happened just so they could be aware and monitor for issues. I thought honesty would be the best policy, but it ended up biting me in the ass.

Long story short after I told him the circumstances and how I'd repaired everything, my friend ended up getting really pissed. He accused me of spilling something on his machine even though I'm 100% sure I didn't. No matter how many times I calmly explained that I didn't get any food or substances on the table, he wouldn't listen. He really had a stick up his ass about me having the glass off the playfield and that I had no right to "treat his machine the way I did." It was honestly a little scary seeing someone get so worked up. It's especially annoying because I treated the game really well and having fingers pointed at you just for being honest is never a good feeling.

Anyways it spilled over into this week because I've sent him a few text messages this week and he's not responding. There's supposed to be a labor day weekend get together this weekend which we're both going to and I don't want things to be awkward.

#26 1 year ago

He's ghosting you. I don't blame him.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

just for being honest

Ha!
Good one!

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

He's ghosting you. I don't blame him.

He's obviously ghosting, that much is certain. It's going to be really uncomfortable when we're both at the same party this weekend.

#29 1 year ago

Not sure if you are for real. Assuming for a moment you are. His response makes sense. Your story doesn’t add up. Mystery liquids don’t appear out of thin air on a playfield. There’s nothing in a machine that would cause that. If it wasn’t there at the beginning of your stay, you or someone under your charge must have spilled something. At least that is the conclusion anyone would reach lacking another compelling explanation. If you are responsible and copped to it, apologized and offered to make it right (with money or new pin, which is what I would do) you may salvage the friendship (if you care to). It’s probably the avoiding responsibility that has him writing you off. And I’d do the same with the same information.

#30 1 year ago

Looks like special k is off his meds again. Or bored. Pathetic human being.

#31 1 year ago

Just read his thread where he is shocked about getting kicked out of a tournament for kicking a machine out of anger after draining. Yep, I think we are being trolled again.

#32 1 year ago

And apparently it's ok to put your sprite on the glass of someone else's machine because, you know it's a clear liquid.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Just read his thread where he is shocked about getting kicked out of a tournament for kicking a machine out of anger after draining. Yep, I think we are being trolled again.

Oh look. It's one of the people who follow me around spamming 'troll.' Get some new material, duder. It's really tired.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

Oh look. It's one of the people who follow me around spamming 'troll.' Get some new material, duder. It's really tired.

Don't flatter yourself. This is the second time I have come across your postings and it's the same as the first time I saw you....and tge first time I accused you of trolling. So 1x constitutes "spamming"? Grow up.

#35 1 year ago

If you are legitimately posting these threads then why do you refuse to answer questions and post pics so people can actually help you then?

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

If you are legitimately posting these threads then why do you refuse to answer questions and post pics so people can actually help you then?

Hahaha in retrospect, I guess you're right that was pretty dumb of me. I'll give you that one Tommy.

Quoted from Tomass:

And apparently it's ok to put your sprite on the glass of someone else's machine because, you know it's a clear liquid.

Give me a break -- have you never put your drink on a machine? I did that one time like a year ago. I even said in my post that I shouldn't have done that.

#37 1 year ago

I'm sorry you're dealing with this difficult situation, Marc. Praying for you.

#38 1 year ago

Thoughts and prayers from Indiana as well.
You got this Champ!

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thoughts and prayers from Indiana as well.
You got this Champ

Best. Post. Evar.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

How's the machine at the comic/game shop doing?

Still don't have a machine. Still having issues with the owner.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

Still don't have a machine. Still having issues with the owner.

A61A3FD9-2EC0-46EC-B029-7FFD3CECAF93 (resized).jpegA61A3FD9-2EC0-46EC-B029-7FFD3CECAF93 (resized).jpeg
#42 1 year ago

So black goo started oozing out of the games playfield? Sounds like the work of the mind flayer to me. You should have tried kicking the machine then pouring a clear liquid, like sprite on it to neutralize the Flayers powers. If that failed you could have asked your boss to buy him a new game.

#43 1 year ago

It’s ok to be new and clueless about the best way to maintain and clean these games. Everyone starts somewhere, and there are a ton of people here willing to share their knowledge.

But, It’s pure comedy how pinlord previously tried to force his boss (by petitioning and threatening to unionize), to not only buy a brand new game for the business, but also to have his boss split the coin box income with him, under the premise that pinlord would be taking care of and maintaining the machine…

This, from someone who thinks it’s acceptable to put soap and water on a playfield, in addition to admittedly kicking and leaving drinks on other people’s games against their wishes.

It’s all so absurd that my first thought is that this is all some Andy Kaufman style trolling, but the bullheadedness is just so absurd that I can’t help but think this guy is for real, and that you should definitely pay him to babysit, maintain and manage your games.

#44 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#45 1 year ago

I randomly check notable people's forum ratings, both good and bad people. Worst I've ever seen was 50% and he was a real dick.

I have never before seen anyone in single digits.
Please note he's been here a year now.

zz_Lordmark (resized).pngzz_Lordmark (resized).png
#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I randomly check notable people's forum ratings, both good and bad people. Worst I've ever seen was 50% and he was a real dick.
I have never before seen anyone in single digits.
Please note he's been here a year now.
[quoted image]

It’s all done on purpose and for reaction. Nothing he says is real

#47 1 year ago

OP's mental illness shows in his threads. Sad, really.

#48 1 year ago

I can't tell if it's Kandura or the kid from the Gamuseum but he's actually one of my favorite posters.
GOLD JERRY, GOLD

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I can't tell if it's Kandura or the kid from the Gamuseum but he's actually one of my favorite posters.
GOLD JERRY, GOLD

We just need beelzeboob to tell us he asked him to borrow his Escalara!

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

GOLD JERRY, GOLD

Even the Gameseum kid accused this profile as being Kman

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-make-pinball-mainstream#post-6703749
I couldn't help but read through his threads just today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-emergency-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.