• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SDB_LogicPowerA.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

It's not a game setting, it's the default behavior of Embryon software.

Are you sure you've got Embryon correctly selected on the Alltek game selection switches?
Did you try running the Alltek memory clear function?
The Alltek CLK speed jumpers are selected for Bally and not Stern?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Note that I have 7volution displays in it. Is that a possible issue?

Quite possible.
What happens in game over mode on the displays? It should:
1) Show the last game scores
2) Blank
3) Show the High Score to Date
4) Blank
Repeat

Do the displays momentarily blank at 2) and 4) ?

Have you got a factory 6 digit display to try with the 7volution controller board disconnected?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

So something with the 7volution displays I guess.

Looks like they might need to update the firmware on their controller interface board.

It's really quite strange why Embryon was released with 6 digit displays, when nine months earlier Bally already made the change to 7 digit games.

1 year later
#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Was there a solution found for the non-blinking displays with 7volution?

Contact X-Pin. The 7volution product is their proprietary design and only they'll be able to resolve it.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

The answer was that the LEDs weren’t flashing due to the minor amount of electrical current needing to light them.

Hmm, this looks like an error in their logic detection, not an electrical issue.

Quoted from SNES:

They were going to look into a fix but needed to get a game that flashed the player that was up to test everything.

All the below 6 digit games flash the player up score at the start of a ball. Shouldn't be hard for them to find one of these..

Kiss, Dolly Parton, Harlem Globe Trotters, Silverball Mania, Future Spa, Space Invaders, Rolling Stones, Paragon, Mystic, Hot Doggin, Viking, Embryon, Six Million Dollar Man.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Embryon has been giving me fits with no solenoids firing

Also check the 5 volt loop wire on the J3 connector at solenoid driver board pins 13 and 25 that powers the solenoid drive circuits.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I guess I’m going back to 6-digit displays.

That would be a shame.

X-Pin are on Pinside if you want to try PMing them:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin-black-friday-sale-2021-1

They've also partnered with Big-Daddy, so they could be another contact route.

Quoted from slochar:

Oliver roms in they might already be in the alltek boards they have a couple of them on there.

Olivers Embryon update isn't in the Alltek ROM.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from XPinPinball:

It is important also to keep in mind that since we have no interaction with the MPU (we are monitoring the entire display harness) the determination as to when we roll and keep the millions digit has to be done real time as it is moving across the buss. Definitely a challenge across the board.

I presume you're also monitoring the lamp states so you know when to display the high score to date, etc.

There is no situation where the singles digit will be blank and other digits will have live numbers. Same goes for the 10's digit.
So if either of those two digits are blank at a display, that whole display will be blank. i.e. you don't need to worry that the score has rolled over and you have to stuff zero digits up to the millions digit when those first two digits are blank.

Since the MPU board writes digits to the displays in reverse order (most significant to least significant) there are likely times your blanking will be out a frame or so but we are talking some milliseconds which nobody should notice.

Quoted from XPinPinball:

I readily admit that there are improvements that can be made, such as making sure the blinking of the player occurs, as well as addressing Stern games, but I haven't had the opportunity or time to improve this.

The Stern MPU-100 games with 6 digits write to the displays the same way Bally does.
The Stern MPU-200 games have a faster display interrupt generator that runs at 400Hz.
Alltek MPU boards run the display interrupt generator at 420Hz from memory, regardless of 6 or 7 digit games - they defaulted to Ballys 7-digit refresh speed.

1 week later
#39 2 years ago

Are the flippers dying aswell?

If yes, also check the 5V power loopback (brown-green) wire on the solenoid driver board J3 connector - if wiggling it makes the solenoids work, time to reterminate with new crimps. Measuring test point TP3 on the solenoid driver board should indicate 5 volts.

SDB_LogicPowerA.pngSDB_LogicPowerA.png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-embryon-and-alltek-board?tu=Quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.