3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Stumped on my gay 90s. Not much of an EM repairer as it’s my first em machine. Eject hole relay says it should pulse the eject coil but doesn’t. Yet the outhole relay will if eject relay is engaged. Was working before so not a wiring issue. EM schematics a tad confusing for me.

#2 3 years ago

I can help you, having just finished a full restore! I am looking for a rule card scan if you have a card...

When the ball goes in the hole, does the Eject Relay energize?

If so, does the score motor run? The score motor is what pulses the Eject Coil.

The Instruction Manual (https://www.ipdb.org/files/989/Williams_1970_Gay_90_s_Instruction_Manual.pdf) shows the switch on the Eject Relay that runs the score motor (switch 1F). The switches should touch and flex slightly when the relay energizes. With the machine off, close the relay by hand and make sure all of the normally open switches close and that the blade moves slightly. Otherwise use a switch adjuster to fine tune the switch gap.

#3 3 years ago

Eject relay energizes but nothing happens. Seems like all switches touching, I will double check and clean maybe. Where do you see from docs that the eject coil is run from score motor ? Schematic ? Also, not sure what a rule card is, but I do not have one.

#4 3 years ago

The card on the apron with the game rules.

Yes, you can see on the schematic that the Eject coil energizes through the Eject relay and a score motor switch.

So the score motor must run. Cleaning the switch may help, probably a lot of current runs through it.

#5 3 years ago

Here you can see that the Eject Relay is energized through the playfield switch (together with a make/break switch on the score motor). It then remains energized through its self-hold switch until the bonus counts down and it drops via switch 5B on the score motor.

The Eject Coil triggers through an Eject Relay switch once the bonus has counted down to zero, via switch 3A on the score motor.

And finally if you check the score motor, it runs through a switch on the Eject Relay.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6 3 years ago

Solved, eject relay was energizing from the eject switch, but score motor contact on eject relay was just not touching hard enough, adjust and cleaned, perfect. Thanks for all your help, I do have to get better at reading these schematics !! got a tad lost on the explanation. haha Thanks again. Great group you have here, glad to be part of it. Hopefully one day I will be able to lend a hand as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 3.00
Cabinet - Other
Custom 3D Printing Pre-order!
Twisted Tokens
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-eject-relay-on-gay-90s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.