Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by spag256
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I repinned J1,J2 and J3 on the power board after I found some burnt connectors and also I had a few playfield lights out. I also had no backbox lights and no coin doors lights. After reconnecting everything all the lights that were out are now working but I have most playfield lights out and no solenoids on the playfield working. The Q19 on my Alltek replacement solenoid board is flashing too! Can anyone help?

#2 4 years ago

No solenoids could be a blown fuse under the playfield.

Measure your voltages at the rectifier board (is that the board you re-pinned?) and post them here if possible. Gotta verify good voltages before proceeding with the diagnosis.

#3 4 years ago

Just checking, but did you repin the cables going to the rectifier board?

#4 4 years ago

Yes, I repinned the cables going to the rectifier board!

#5 4 years ago

I didn't mean to sound like a di__, but in the past I was misguided in troubleshooting because I had assumed the person had changed out the connector and pins on both sides of the connection.

Like Frunch asked, what are the voltage readings? You should be seeing 43 volts on one side of the solenoids. Per Altek manual, a flashing Q19 means the associated coil is shorted or open. Since you don't have any coin door lights, and Q19 is the coin lockout relay, look at the connector for the coin door and make sure its good. I don't know what the Altek board would do if the lockout relay is disconnected. If disconnected, use a jumper to connect it, power on, and see if that takes care of Q19 flashing.

Let us know.

#6 4 years ago

The coin relay was hooked up and q19 was flashing. I disconnected the wires to the relay and got the same result. Is there a way to check the relay?

#7 4 years ago

Use a meter to check the resistance of the coil - you will have to remove one side of the diode to get a good reading. While you have the meter in hand, and before checking the coil, measure the voltages per Frunch's request.

#8 4 years ago

I just measured all the voltages on the rectifier board.
    TP1= 5.91 VDC TP2= 210 VDC TP3= 14.75 VDC TP4= 6.2 VAC TP5= 43.2 VDC

#9 4 years ago

That’s good. We know the issue is not at the rectifier board.

Did you check the voltages at the coils? You should have around 43 volts.

It’s possible you have a connector issue on the Altek board. Do the connector pins to J4 and J3 look good?

Another thing to try is a jumper wire, one side connected to the ground braid at the bottom of the head, and briefly tap the metal tab on the components at the bottom of the SDB. A solenoid should activate with each one. I don’t have a schematic in front of me, if you have one, you can see which transistor is associated with which solenoid. If the solenoid doesn’t operate, then we can go down another path.

#10 4 years ago

Checked the coils with the jumper and all the solenoids are firing, after triggering all the solenoids the flippers and all now work when I tried them in the game.
    Also the light on the bottom thumper bumper came on and stayed lit. The Q19 when jumped does nothing. I tried putting the wires back on the coin door lock out relay and when I jumped the Q19 it blew out the F4 fuse.

#11 4 years ago

It sounds like the coil or the diode for the coin lockout relay is bad. Since this is home use, that should not be a problem leaving it disconnected.

It sounds like you have a connector issue - the usual suspect is J4 on the MPU. Reseat that and see whether that clears up the issues. Beyond that, I'm not sure where to go from here.

#12 4 years ago

OK, Thank you for all the help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-eight-ball?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.