6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Ashram56
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider websherpa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm one of those pinball restorers who buys things when I think they're cool, puts them on a shelf and then wakes up 5 years later to learn they are obsolete.

I bought a DKPINBALL PIG 2 back in November of 2013 along with some Williams WPC Power Taps and slew of wires, connectors, alligator clips, etc. I just dug it out and it's mint unopened. I originally bought it because I was either thinking of buying a TRON and modding it, or modding a STTNG. Sadly I never bought the TRON (kicking myself).

So now I discover that not only do I not have instructions, the board was discontinued, the DKPinball website is gone, and apparently there was a software update (according to the Way Back Machine that only has minor amounts of info archived).

Does anyone have the instructions / software for this board? Anyone preserve that web site in an archive? Know how to get in touch with the original maker? Want to buy the kit since I can't if I don't know how to use it?! lol

#2 6 years ago

Or is it that there was a problem with PIG 2 that means it SHOULD be abandoned? Pinduino seems close to the same thing.

1 week later
    #4 5 years ago

You’re a step further ahead than I am! I haven’t been able to get in touch with the original seller, so I have nothing. If you have ANY resources you can pass along to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 weeks later
    #7 5 years ago

Wow, I am a pinside member but I haven't figured out how to get notifications, so I've been missing this! Thank you all! What I really need is the basics of how to load up the program (and some command syntax), essentially it would be really cool if someone somewhere preserved the original WIKI. The Way Back Machine only captured the Index and none of the guts, and I haven't been able to locate a copy anywhere: http://web.archive.org/web/20130705010326/http://dkpinball.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pig_2

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider websherpa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-dkpinball-pig-2-pinball-interface-gadget?tu=websherpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.