You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1345 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1342 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1343 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I purchased a Dialed In! topper from Tilt Topper.

I moved the display out of the way in the back box and I see a blue and blue/brown wire going into a 3 pin connector at the left side that looks like the standard 12 volt connectors I use to connect color DMDs and Toppers on Stern machines.

I plug in the topper and it does not work.

The manual states the F713 (p D-114) is 12 volt lights to Shaker motor, Redemption ticket motor, start button light, flash bulb light.

The start button lights. I assume that the connector I show in the photo below is the connector I should plug into to light up the topper. The LED on the board is on for the F713 so I assume it is working.

I plugged the topper into the 12 volt on my Avengers Hulk so I know the topper works.

Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks! Michael

IMG_1342 (resized).jpegIMG_1342 (resized).jpegIMG_1343 (resized).jpegIMG_1343 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

Just for shits and giggles did you put a DMM on that connector in the backbox? I mean, you say the fuse is good and the start button lights up, but maybe that is the wrong connector, etc. Would be good to know if there is 12v there.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Just for shits and giggles did you put a DMM on that connector in the backbox? I mean, you say the fuse is good and the start button lights up, but maybe that is the wrong connector, etc. Would be good to know if there is 12v there.

Thanks. I’ll check tomorrow.

I would suspect no voltage since topper not lighting.

I “assumed” since manual was talking about a light blue wire circuit that would go to a topper not on the game, this would be the only logical 3 pin typical looking 12 volt connector that should be used. But also realize this could have been dangerous (or costly) if it was something else.

I’ll also try to call JJP while at work.

Thanks

#4 4 years ago

I spoke with Dan at Tilt Topper and the package should have contained a splitter. He will send.

It looks like this splitter connects the 3 pin connector from the topper to the two pin connector going to the LED strip (blue wires) at the top of the back box. (I marked the connector with a sharpie dot and you can see the blue wires going to the LED strip. The bottom right of the photo shows the 3 pin connector that came with the topper where the two edge connectors are used and the middle is blank. And yes - I just walked back to game to confirm - the connector in the game also has wires to the top and bottom pin and the middle is missing.)

I tested voltage to that connector I showed at the left side (in the photo in previous post) that was blue and matched the 3 pin connector usually used for Toppers and Color DMD. It was 14 vdc.
IMG_1345 (resized).jpegIMG_1345 (resized).jpeg

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I spoke with Dan at Tilt Topper and the package should have contained a splitter. He will send.
It looks like this splitter connects the 3 pin connector from the topper to the two pin connector going to the LED strip (blue wires) at the top of the back box. (I marked the connector with a sharpie dot and you can see the blue wires going to the LED strip.)
I tested voltage to that connector I showed at the left side (in the photo in previous post) that was blue and matched the 3 pin connector usually used for Toppers and Color DMD. It was 14 vdc.[quoted image]

Nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-dialed-in-topper-connector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.