Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

92FF36BF-7436-4B73-94AC-B42865708D29 (resized).jpeg
6D36EAE4-59F3-4CBB-94E2-266F21BA26F4 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Picked up a DE Playboy 35th aniv pin. Couple issues I need some help with. On the display panel the player 3 is completely out and player 1 all the bottom segments are out. Don't know where to start.

The second issue is the champaign kicker activates when every other coil fires.

#2 4 years ago

Player 3 glass is going to be bad 90% of the time, if there's no activity at all.

The segment issue could be a bad ribbon cable.
-Try removing both ends and "flipping it" to see if the problem moves to different segments.

The kicker probably has a switch too close. I am almost certain that kicker uses a leaf style switch and it is likely adjusted too close or touching and is making contact with the vibration of the other coils.

#3 4 years ago

Tried swapping cable to no luck.

2 months later
#4 4 years ago

Still plugging away on this playboy 35th. Do you know why I would be blowing the F3 fuse on start up? I re-laced the display with a 12v one. Is this something I have to worry about?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Still plugging away on this playboy 35th. Do you know why I would be blowing the F3 fuse on start up? I re-laced the display with a 12v one. Is this something I have to worry about?

How does the back of your power board look? Can we see pictures of what you have going on.... it helps.

#6 4 years ago

Well, tired eyes failed me. I had a solder hair I didn’t see.

#7 4 years ago

Having another issue. Flipper buttons won’t change the high score letters. Sometimes left button will run them backwards but nothing from the right. Flippers work fine during game play.

2 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

Okay, stupid question. The pop bumpers on this has 2 switch packs. One is the spoon and the other looks like sling switch. Is this a scoring switch? They are bent all over the place. Are they closed and when pop energizes it opens the switch?

#9 4 years ago

yes, the spoon switch activates and the secondary switch is the scoring, but it should be open and close when the pop fires. The top/longer leg of the score switch sits on top of the bakelite disc in the pop mechanism.

#10 4 years ago

Awesome, thank you

Now for the slings. On side (pair)has a cap but it is disconnected. The other pair has a wire only. They rapid fire without the rubber ring on too. What should’ve on the switch legs

6D36EAE4-59F3-4CBB-94E2-266F21BA26F4 (resized).jpeg6D36EAE4-59F3-4CBB-94E2-266F21BA26F4 (resized).jpeg92FF36BF-7436-4B73-94AC-B42865708D29 (resized).jpeg92FF36BF-7436-4B73-94AC-B42865708D29 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
$ 18.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-dataeast-playboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.