Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hello,
I Was looking for some help identifying, possibly installing or at least testing a mod that I recently acquired. This LCD #creature #cftbl 'starlight' screen mod was in a parts-lot that i recently acquired but I am not sure what it does or how to test it. I have searched all over but could not find anything on it, possibly its 2 different mods or it's missing pieces idk. Does anyone have an idea of what it is, where it goes or how to test it?
Thanks for your help!

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

2 different mods. the lower one is a LED movie screen mod that sparky (here on pinside) sells. that looks complete. the screen is powered by the cable, which should be a 5v source. I would contact him for instructions on where to tap into the power.

you can go to 4dsystems.com.au for more information on the display itself. it looks like he was using this:
http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uOLED_128_G2/

I'm not sure what the other neon ring mod is that you've got an image of there

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

2 different mods. the lower one is a LED movie screen mod that sparky (here on pinside) sells. that looks complete. the screen is powered by the cable, which should be a 5v source. I would contact him for instructions on where to tap into the power.
you can go to 4dsystems.com.au for more information on the display itself. it looks like he was using this:
http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uOLED_128_G2/
I'm not sure what the other neon ring mod is that you've got an image of there

Thank you j_m_ ! this will definitely help me out a lot, maybe this information will help me track down what the other mod is too.

#4 5 years ago

I did an install video of the Creature Poster Mod on my Pinball Supernova website and YouTube channel.

YouTube Post :

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/mod-install-installation-of-sparky-poster-mod-for-creature-from-the-black-lagoon/

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I did an install video of the Creature Poster Mod on my Pinball Supernova website and YouTube channel.
YouTube Post :
» YouTube video
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/mod-install-installation-of-sparky-poster-mod-for-creature-from-the-black-lagoon/

Perfect, exactly what I needed Thank you so much wiggy07! Your creech looks super nice! Do you think I could put both of the above 'screen mods' in or would that be too much; too crowded? Kinda Looks like it's one or the other and it looks they are actually pretty similar to each other from what I can tell...

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from DelaBZ:

Perfect, exactly what I needed Thank you so much wiggy07! Your creech looks super nice! Do you think I could put both of the above 'screen mods' in or would that be too much; too crowded? Kinda Looks like it's one or the other and it looks they are actually pretty similar to each other from what I can tell...

You are very welcome. Thanks for the positive comments on my machine. Its a great machine. Super clean. Installing the two mods may be a little crowded but what the heck. Try it out and see how it looks. It is your machine. Who cares what others think. LOL. Good luck on the install

#7 5 years ago

having done the snackbar mod v1 with el wire and without an extra power supplier your game system may be on the edge of having power issues. The screens take 5vdc which should not be an issue but the 12vdc for the el wire is the drain monster of power especially if you want a colordmd, backlit speaker panel and hologram mod under the playfield window.

a little history on the movie poster mod.......

for me I reworked the snackbar mod v1 and came out with a v2 design (which you just purchased) to solve the elwire potential issues and switched to leds.

as for the poster mod (large screen), I developed the original movie poster mod and then due to supplier issues and then a supplier change of screen I opted to cancel my design / production in which Sparky asked me if he could do a limited run of 23 (number of people on my wait list) of a larger screen with el wire which was a little different to my concept as it runs a video and not a photo slide show.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
Slap Save Creations
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!