(Topic ID: 194284)

Help With Correct Laser War Flipper Coil/General Question re: Coils

By grantopia

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

The flippers on my Laser War seem too/very strong. I'm constantly having the ball flying back off the spot targets with airballs or flying up the ramp so hard and fast the switch won't even get a chance to register sometimes or even worse just flying off the ramp.

I took a look around and I have Black Beast coils # 0905006-00 / 04-0718 on the flippers now. A quick search turned up that the correct coil should be 090-5011-00, so I'm assuming I have (well, the previous owner had) the wrong coils on here. I can order the new ones easy enough, but I wanted to try and educate myself on (1) does this sound like the correct solution? and (2) how can I compare coils for future reference? I can't find much info just googling the number on the current coils.

Is there a good guide or a quick enough explanation on how coil strength is measured and then how to identify it aside from the flippers seeming like they have a vendetta against the ball once installed?

#2 6 years ago

Not a direct answer to your question but a valuable resource for you.

http://www.pinballmedic.net/coil_chart.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-correct-laser-war-flipper-coilgeneral-question-re-coils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.